Which Oil Is Best For Mazda Mx3 1993 That Burns Oil

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Ashton Janzen

Which Oil Is Best For Mazda Mx3 1993 That Burns Oil

Post by Ashton Janzen »

Ok i bought the car off some chinse dude and it was not burning oil at all but like a month agao it started to burn really bad so i added 20w50 and it only burns a little now. I have tried all those products to stop burning oil. some work a little some dont work at all. what should i do.
DimaK

Re: Which Oil Is Best For Mazda Mx3 1993 That Burns Oil

Post by DimaK »

i would flush the engine.whats the milege on the car?
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

There is nothing you can do, if the car is burning oil the rings or seals are gone. There is no product that will magically restore meal compound to fix that. RUn 20w50 like you are now and sart saving for another motor.

Advice coming from a guy who had the same issue as you did x2.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Are you sure it's burning it, and not leaking?
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Ashton Janzen

Post by Ashton Janzen »

Yes it is burning it. it burns sort of blue. new engine is in mind.
Ashton Janzen

Post by Ashton Janzen »

would it still be ok to run 20w50 in the winter time or should i go smaller
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

your motor is going to have to make it to winter first...i would imagine it would be one hell of a time gettin it to start on the cold mornings...i recently discovered mines burning oil too..its only the 1.8L v6 its not worth repairing, its worth toppin up till it blows then drop in what belongs in the car, 2.5L
ImageImageImageImage
Ashton Janzen

Post by Ashton Janzen »

ya i have the same car 1.8 v6. david just did that. 2.5 that motor is so fast in these cars. ya i hope it last till the winter. cause thats when i am doing the engine swamp. ya i love this car and its fast lol.
ElectricEnergy

Post by ElectricEnergy »

Hey,

Haha yep, I payed for it when I tried to show it off to you too. Didn't see that cop behind me. :roll:

your 1.8L will probably keep running for a while. keep toping it off until you decide to put a ZE in. If you want I can give you a hand with the swap. I've already done it once, so the 2nd time should be easy.

David
KL-ZE Swap - OBX SS Headers - 2.5" Exhaust - Falken Azenis Tires - H&R Springs - ZX-2 Struts - CAI - Front & Rear Tower Bar - AWR Motor Mounts - 100hp wet shot (yet to be tested)
Ashton Janzen

Post by Ashton Janzen »

Ya man how much. That cop was in the DQ parking lot. where could i find a motor for it. How much was your ticket.
Ashton Janzen

Post by Ashton Janzen »

how long would it take us to do it.
ElectricEnergy

Post by ElectricEnergy »

Oh... he was in there, guess thats why I missed him. I bought my motor from JDMsource in Calgary for about $1200 shipped. Check out their site at http://www.jdmsource.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I actually got off with a warning. But Apparently I have to put a stock muffler on and take it to the cop shop to have inspected by the 10th. Don't worry though, it'll get changed back. ;)

It took me a few weeks, but thats cause I didn't know what I was doing and I was taking it pretty slow. In an organized shop with everything we need we could have it done in less than a week.
KL-ZE Swap - OBX SS Headers - 2.5" Exhaust - Falken Azenis Tires - H&R Springs - ZX-2 Struts - CAI - Front & Rear Tower Bar - AWR Motor Mounts - 100hp wet shot (yet to be tested)
Ashton Janzen

Post by Ashton Janzen »

ok sweet cause i would do it at my friends farm. its by davidson. like an hour away he has all the lifts and tools we would need to do it.
ElectricEnergy

Post by ElectricEnergy »

Cool, don't forget to do some preventative maintenance while you are at it like the timing belt and water pump.
Ashton Janzen

Post by Ashton Janzen »

like put new ones in

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”