FAQ: AWR mounts

Why does my engine tick? How do I swap? All common V6 questions answered in this archive only forum.
Gods Father

FAQ: AWR mounts

Post by Gods Father »

correct me if im wrong but the general consensus is to get a probe front engine mount and an MX-3 rear mount? another question is what durometer would you suggest? for the front probe they have 88 or 95 and for the rear MX-3 ones they have 70 88 or 95...any suggestions? anyone have any experience with different stiffness?

thanks again

-GF
1993 MX-3 w/ straight neck KLZE swap...Probe GT 2.5in headers, Custom exhaust w/ test pipe and OBX Twin Loop Tip, Bully Stage 3 Clutch, Fidanza Flywheel, Pheno Spacers, HEI mod, Blaster SS coil, Probinator chip, TWM short shifter, AWR front and rear mounts (88 Durometer), and Corksport braided clutch line...so far

Ever see the lone rider of the night? Well he'll find you and then you'll never him again...
solo_ryder

Re: AWR mounts?!

Post by solo_ryder »

You have that correct, you want the probe front and mx3 rear mount. That is because the mx3 front mount, while it will still work, is not as wide as the probe front mount so you would need to utilize some washers to fill the gap in the mounting bracket. Also, with the probe mount you will need to drill out your crossmember hols slightly as the bolt that is used is thicker then the standard motor mount bolt. Not to hard to do.

As for durometer, it depends on what you want. With 88 you will have a good mount that still rocks slightly. There will be vibration at idle.

The 95 is stiffer of course and will provide the best result. However, idle vibration will be increased. This mount will be good for racing etc. But still streetable IMO.

If you have SRD crossmember bushings then that will make the vibration even worse, so if you have these you may wanna go with the 88. Personally, I would run a 95 as I have the stock CM bushings and keep the side mounts stock.

Hope this helps you make a informed decision

Return to “V6 FAQ”