violent shuddering

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
boywithamazda

violent shuddering

Post by boywithamazda »

I did something bad the other day.
I came up to about an 80 degree turn doing 45mph and spun out into the embankment on the front right side.
My excuse is that I wasn't intentionally being reckless, therefore my reflexes were at their worst.
Anyway, external damage isn't that bad, but my car will not accelerate without violently vibrating the whole car and all my change lying around. 0-30 now takes about 90 seconds, to prevent the vibration.This only happens when in gear, when the torque starts coming on.
I jacked the car up, nothing looks bent, it doesn't budge when pushing and pulling in the direction perpendicular to rotation...but when rotating the FR wheel it makes a kind of click sound which the other side doesn't make.
What did I do?
93 mx3 gs-ze, kl31,headers. other exhaust stuff. Intake harvested from a dumpster.
fighttillyoudie0

Re: violent shuddering

Post by fighttillyoudie0 »

Maybe the wheel is bent or off balance now? hmmm Maybe you should take it to a shop or something and have them check it out.
boywithamazda

Post by boywithamazda »

Hmmm, well coasting at 50 it's smooth as normal, just under acceleration it gets bad.
I've been researching online and it sounds like it could be the inner cv joint, but i suppose i may have to just take it to a shop.
93 mx3 gs-ze, kl31,headers. other exhaust stuff. Intake harvested from a dumpster.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

I had my cv axle replaced with a bad cv axle from the shop recently.

It would shudder like you wouldn't believe and scared the crap out of me.

It was worst when I went to take a turn. It was my passenger axle, and it felt like I was going to die when I took a sharp left hand turn.

Under accelleration, it feels like I am driving with an oval tire.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”