AM I FORGETTING?!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Gods Father

AM I FORGETTING?!

Post by Gods Father »

OK so im planning on doing the KLZE swap. i ordered some stuff before the engine just so i have everything. i ordered

1. Headers
2. Bully Stage 3 Clutch(why stage 3? i got a good deal 150$ which Bully sells for about 500$)
3. Probinator chip and install
4. New axles (my old ones are torn)
5. Im gonna be getting a custom exhaust but i got an OBX twin loop muffler

Im not sure if im forgetting anything it seems like a short list for a whole engine swap but thats all i could think of that i REALLY need. just let me know if you think i NEED anything else
1993 MX-3 w/ straight neck KLZE swap...Probe GT 2.5in headers, Custom exhaust w/ test pipe and OBX Twin Loop Tip, Bully Stage 3 Clutch, Fidanza Flywheel, Pheno Spacers, HEI mod, Blaster SS coil, Probinator chip, TWM short shifter, AWR front and rear mounts (88 Durometer), and Corksport braided clutch line...so far

Ever see the lone rider of the night? Well he'll find you and then you'll never him again...
bp_turbo94

Re: AM I FORGETTING?!

Post by bp_turbo94 »

lighter flywheel
short shifter
water pump
time belt kit
cant really think of n e thing else at this time :wink:
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

Should do all the belts sence the motor is out. Intake gaskets, Valve cover gaskets. (Put Gasket Lub / Oring Lube On all gaskets) Clean the intake up sence you already have it off. Pull the oil pan and clean the junk out. sludge and such. New silicon for the pan. water pump, timing belt kit. check the vac lines for cracks or see if they are hard. If so replace. Clean the throttle body up ( any oil greas or dirty. Dont forget to replace your filters (oil,air,gas). Get two oil fitlers One cheap one and one sythetic on. Run cheap oil for the first 500-1000kms to flush the system. Drain and replace with sythetic oil and filter. Flush your rad sence you will be right there. replace your trans fluid. Might need new motor mounts. Get AWR if your going to. or Fill your old mounts. Replace any old bushings you come across. Once you relive the pressure off the old bushings they will not perform the same.

Do as much as you can. It is so much easier to do it with the motor right there.
Gods Father

Post by Gods Father »

hey thanks thats all really good stuff to check. i havent even searched it yet but would you prefer any company for timing belt and water pump kits? also for gaskets? should i just go get the oem replacements from advanced auto? or what? thanks again
1993 MX-3 w/ straight neck KLZE swap...Probe GT 2.5in headers, Custom exhaust w/ test pipe and OBX Twin Loop Tip, Bully Stage 3 Clutch, Fidanza Flywheel, Pheno Spacers, HEI mod, Blaster SS coil, Probinator chip, TWM short shifter, AWR front and rear mounts (88 Durometer), and Corksport braided clutch line...so far

Ever see the lone rider of the night? Well he'll find you and then you'll never him again...
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

You can get a waterpump/Timing belt kit off ebay for cheap. There good kits. Lots of people have used them. Including myself. You can also find a gakset set for cheap there also.
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

If you don't mind me asking? ... What is the stage 3 on the clutch?
Is it 6 puck, or what?
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
--- K8 was my gateway drug.
Gods Father

Post by Gods Father »

4 puck...why do you ask?

hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Do the timing belt IT IS SO EASY when the enginje is out.. seriously.. my first time it look me not even 15 minutes to change it.. NICE..

Light weight flywheel.. its a VERY good investment!! you will love it!
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Phenolic spacers!

!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Nothing really...

It's cool you got a pretty cool deal on the clutch, But from what I hear even a 6 puck clutch can be aggrivating. Just ask a few people, they'll know what i'm talking about.
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
--- K8 was my gateway drug.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

I agree, a stage 3 is overkill..
ElectricEnergy

Post by ElectricEnergy »

I think I would also suggest the Pheno spacers. I didn't put them on mine, but I definitely will be. The power-loss through the hot manifold seems to be even more apparent with the KLZE.
KL-ZE Swap - OBX SS Headers - 2.5" Exhaust - Falken Azenis Tires - H&R Springs - ZX-2 Struts - CAI - Front & Rear Tower Bar - AWR Motor Mounts - 100hp wet shot (yet to be tested)
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

i got a stage 3 (six puck) and its PERFECT for the ZE - jams the power straight to the street - and i would second the timing belt - before i did my timing belt the car ran like crap. but the only things i added to the swap were a clutch, headers and CAI and it runs beautifully. of course the engine i got was immaculate - so i wasnt worried about the gaskets or water pump. you will need to switch out the secondary coolant inlet when doing the timing belt, but only if your car has the secondary sensor on the inlet...

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”