crazy brakes!

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
zzzoomx3

crazy brakes!

Post by zzzoomx3 »

these are the biggest and baddest brakes i've ever seen on a car - these are on a volvo c30

the rest of the car can be seen here
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: crazy brakes!

Post by fowljesse »

I just got another million dollar idea...
I could make brake covers that look like wilwood, brembo... whatever, to clip on over your real calipers! If I just made them to fit Honda, I'd be rich! Between those and cross drilled/ slotted rotors, you wouldn't need anything else to front.
Dang, this is a good idea.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

When I first saw the car, I thought WTF? But when I read it was for Burton (I love his boards), and was snow camo... well, that's pretty cool.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

fowljesse wrote:When I first saw the car, I thought WTF? But when I read it was for Burton (I love his boards), and was snow camo... well, that's pretty cool.
the yellow car was modded by evolve
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

fowljesse wrote:I just got another million dollar idea...
I could make brake covers that look like wilwood, brembo... whatever, to clip on over your real calipers! If I just made them to fit Honda, I'd be rich! Between those and cross drilled/ slotted rotors, you wouldn't need anything else to front.
Dang, this is a good idea.
you mean -like these?

sorry jess - someone beat ya to the punch - but hey - im sure these guys could use a little fair market competition :D they sound like they could use it...lol read the ad..."to give the illusion image that you have a big red brembo brake kit on your baby"...."if after fitting the covers seems loose apply some silicone in the inside to stick the cover and the calipers together"..."we ll try our best to help/assist u in anyway to make us together have a good experience in the ebay world"..."Have the real feeel today"...LOL with such poor grammer, i just cant help but imagine some dude at the flea market in the bad part of town...and the silicone bit is rich..lol - oh yeah - and just what are you supposed to do when it comes time to change your pads or rotors, i guess they have a carbon fiber brake pad and slotted rotor clip-on kit too...LOL

on the bright side they are looking for retailers - and Jess you're right - the killing i could make selling those things to the cheap a-- honda ricers here in dallas - damn, i seriously just might do that. i bet i would sell out in a day. the crap these guys put on their cars around here is just unbelievably ludicrous and im sure they are everywhere.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

that WILL stop you... :D
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I should have known.
They WILL stop you quick, when the silicon lets loose, and the thing gets caught.
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

now THAts a big brake kit.

Next thing you know.. you'll see one 360 degrees.
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

Awesome... I'm going to attach stage 3 clutches to my car as brakes and see what happens. :twisted:
Cody
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

wow those brakes are ridiculous... as well as the rest of the car! those are probably the sickest volvos I have ever seen! :shock:
JoshVK
Supporting Member

Post by JoshVK »

Mooneggs wrote:wow those brakes are ridiculous... as well as the rest of the car! those are probably the sickest volvos I have ever seen! :shock:
yes, as far as volvos go..
1996 MX-3 GS - rollin' on Rota Slipstreams, (Red, Deep Tint, Black Lip)
True Straight Neck KLZE with TB relocate. Custom Cold air Intake. 2.25 Exhaust to Bosal muffler.
ACT Stage 2, Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel, Short Shifter with CorkSport Bushings and SS Clutch Line.
Suspension Techniques Springs On Zx2 Struts. SRD Control arm Bushings, Custom Sway Bar Links
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

meh, your brakes are only as good as your tires touching the road.
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

This is from the ebay link
This does not fit most Ford BA XR6 as tehy have bigger calipers than most other cars /suv. If wanna confirm this please check the current measurement of the stock calipers and if its diametre is shorter than 23cm and width less than 7cm it will fit then . We do not wish to sell to buyers who buy and found out that they cant use it .Any doubts or enquiry plz email us ! we ll send u diagrams if there s difficulties in installing to successful buyers .
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I have a friend who teaches high school and actually gets ENGLISH papers written with instant message shorthand as if it's a legitimate language. We have failed our young people. It makes me sad.

~~~ :cry: shakes his head and laments the state of the next generation~~~
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”