KLZE runs bad with probinator chip?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
neli_nael

KLZE runs bad with probinator chip?

Post by neli_nael »

WTF!!! Ok my car ran fine with the stock k8 ecu and a kl02 VAF. I bought a probinator chipped ecu and my car is running like crap now. Mainly on 1st and 5th gear. It lags on first, I mean it will slowly creep up to about 4.5k rpm (it feels like the VRIS kicks in or something) then the tach shoots to redline. When I switch the ecu's from the stock to the chipped ecu, I can really tell the power difference- with the chipped ecu it feels like something is holding it back. I'm still getting familiar with these things so I have no clue whats happening there, I just thought the chipped ecu would run the car better.
94 mx3 rs
92 mx3 gs curved neck klze SOLD
solo_ryder

Re: KLZE runs bad with probinator chip?

Post by solo_ryder »

What VAF are you using with the chipped ECU? If you chipped a K8 ecu, the chip may be meant for the JE50 VAF and that may be your issue since the k8 chipped is designed for a mx3 that naturally has a je50 vaf. If you need one I have 4 laying here lol
neli_nael

Post by neli_nael »

solo_ryder wrote:What VAF are you using with the chipped ECU? If you chipped a K8 ecu, the chip may be meant for the JE50 VAF and that may be your issue since the k8 chipped is designed for a mx3 that naturally has a je50 vaf. If you need one I have 4 laying here lol
well i'm have a kl02 VAF (from a de) but i thought probinator chips made it so the ecu isn't VAF specific? its what it says on his cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/728690
94 mx3 rs
neli_nael

Post by neli_nael »

neli_nael wrote:
solo_ryder wrote:What VAF are you using with the chipped ECU? If you chipped a K8 ecu, the chip may be meant for the JE50 VAF and that may be your issue since the k8 chipped is designed for a mx3 that naturally has a je50 vaf. If you need one I have 4 laying here lol
I have a JE50 in the garage too, just didn't think that would be the problem.
I'll give it a try though.
94 mx3 rs
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Yes, I am not 100% sure, but I thought that was only on DE ecu's as they would need to obtain the je50, since je50 is stock on a mx and the ecu is different, they may use a different chip that uses a je50
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

Yeah, if u tell Ryan its for a K8 ECU then he will automatically assume you are running the JE-50. If you sent him a KL ECU then you can use your KL-02 VAF. And yes it makes a big difference.
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
neli_nael

Post by neli_nael »

Slammed6 wrote:Yeah, if u tell Ryan its for a K8 ECU then he will automatically assume you are running the JE-50. If you sent him a KL ECU then you can use your KL-02 VAF. And yes it makes a big difference.
got it, i learn something new everytime i try to put something onto my car. :D
94 mx3 rs
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Thats odd.. my probinator ecu i had was made to run with the kl02 vaf, he made it that way with probe owners in mind.

Are you sure it lags? With tat ecu u just dont feel the pull because vris is in tune. When u feel the vris kick it means they are set wrong. As i was told..
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
neli_nael

Post by neli_nael »

hgallegos915 wrote:Thats odd.. my probinator ecu i had was made to run with the kl02 vaf, he made it that way with probe owners in mind.

Are you sure it lags? With tat ecu u just dont feel the pull because vris is in tune. When u feel the vris kick it means they are set wrong. As i was told..
yea there was a definite lag, it slowly creeped up to around 4-5k. when i say slow it maybe took about 4-5 seconds, on first gear!

oh yea and i put in my JE50 and its working fine now. thanks everyone.
94 mx3 rs

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”