New member saying hey

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
Nd4SpdSe

Re: New member saying hey

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Mazda never made a 3 speed in any of our cars or related. It's either a 4-Speed Auto or a 5-Speed Manual
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

Hey welcome to the site.. have fun with your project.. When I was 13/14 I bought my first car.. It was a Plymouth Laser.. haha was fun to work on.. learned the basics off it.. took stuff apart and put them back together.. was fun.. ran like S+!+ but that could have been me.. :roll:
MaX3

Post by MaX3 »

This looks like 3 speeds or is there something missing?

He who has the most toys wins!
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

HA, you shouldn't assume from what you see, you're overlooking a small detail, and probably haven't read the manual.

You see the word "HOLD" pointing to those numbers? That's because Mazda automatics have the option of "holding" it in gear. You should notice a button called HOLD under the disengage on the shifter, as well as some indicator on the dash when HOLD is engaged. It is indeed a 4-Speed (3Speed+Overdrive), but you can only hold on the first 3 gears.

- L willl lock it on 1st gear.
- S will lock it on 2nd gear
- D will lock it on 3rd gear (no overdrive), with the exception of a dead stop, it wil downshift to 2nd automatically then go to 3rd gear.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
MaX3

Post by MaX3 »

Thanks for the explanation, unfortunately the car doesnt have a owners manual. My step-dad had mentioned about the hold button and what it might do. Well thats cool to know that it has 4 speeds.
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

I just realized something......is this car actually older than you are??
AKA Deimos
MaX3

Post by MaX3 »

Yes, I am only 14. My step-dad thinks that I will respect my car because I bought it and worked on it before I get to drive it. I dont know, I just dont like the idea of what its going to cost for insurance. That sux cause its going to be a lot. I think thats his plan. He said I cant drive it until I can buy insurance. It means he gets to drive it more than I get to.

I dont want to pay high insurance so my step-dad said we could look for another car that is not a sports car as the insurance company says. With graduated licensing, I cant go anywhere until I am 18 anyways.

I got a cool toy that none of my friends have, thats worth the $200 that car costed.
MaX3

Post by MaX3 »

one more thing. I wish I had a heated garage to work in. I am starting to not like changing brakes.
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

just be glad that you don't live in toronto. when i first bought my car, i had to wait one more day (day after my bday) b4 getting insurance, otherwise it woulda been 500/mo. but that one extra day made it so i had x-amount of driving experience and i was down to 350/mo.
now that i'm 26 i'm down to 170
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Welcome Trev :D
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
MaX3

Post by MaX3 »

I am selling this project. If anyone is interested, check the for sale section.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Didn't keep her for long...
Urbanconcept

Post by Urbanconcept »

Devlin wrote:just be glad that you don't live in toronto. when i first bought my car, i had to wait one more day (day after my bday) b4 getting insurance, otherwise it woulda been 500/mo. but that one extra day made it so i had x-amount of driving experience and i was down to 350/mo.
now that i'm 26 i'm down to 170

I'm driving an RS and I pay something like $77 a month.... and I'm turning 26 in about a week!
Then again I don't have ANY traffic tickets etc etc....
Friendship is like pissing your pants: Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its true warmth.
MaX3

Post by MaX3 »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:Didn't keep her for long...

Still have it... well.. it hasnt sold yet!
JoshVK
Supporting Member

Post by JoshVK »

Too bad it didn't work out for you,

But hey Congrats! you display more maturity than most my 20 year old friends do... haha
Don't forget you have like 2 years before you can drive it alone anyways.
I got a broken Buick Park Ave when i was just 16, learned how to do breaks and sh*t all before i could drive.... i think everyone with a license should have to go through something like this,

-Josh
1996 MX-3 GS - rollin' on Rota Slipstreams, (Red, Deep Tint, Black Lip)
True Straight Neck KLZE with TB relocate. Custom Cold air Intake. 2.25 Exhaust to Bosal muffler.
ACT Stage 2, Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel, Short Shifter with CorkSport Bushings and SS Clutch Line.
Suspension Techniques Springs On Zx2 Struts. SRD Control arm Bushings, Custom Sway Bar Links

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”