NOS setup

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
WhiteFinish

NOS setup

Post by WhiteFinish »

Hi

I'm thinking about buying a nos kit for my mx-3 klze

But, when I'm looking on ebay I don't exactly know which one to get. There are kits for a mustang, acura etc etc but not for mx3

What are the main differences between nos brands? (Nos, sniper, zex etc)

Thanks alot !!
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
WhiteFinish

Re: NOS setup

Post by WhiteFinish »

Can't anyone give some pointers?

Worklog
Worklog click
se7en

Post by se7en »

Well, I guess I could give some pointers.....

mostly the difference between nitrous kits is price....

Any quality kit will work for you, as long as it is a setup for our style of fuel injection.

Oh, and I really recommend you don't call it nos. Otherwise your chrome checker plate floorboards will fall out when your manifold pressure gets too high :)

1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

unless if hes looking at an actuall NOS kit....
I had one on my old sohc . 50 shot, with colder plugs and some timing retard, it was a nice kick.
clutch started to slip, so i took the kit off, blew up the sohc about 2 weeks later and went boost.
They all go to boost eventually....
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
se7en

Post by se7en »

Ya, your right, as long as you are talking about the NOS brand... :)

1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
JoshVK
Supporting Member

Post by JoshVK »

Keep us posted on what you go with. and pricing, as im looking to get a kit for mid/end of summer.

Thanks
1996 MX-3 GS - rollin' on Rota Slipstreams, (Red, Deep Tint, Black Lip)
True Straight Neck KLZE with TB relocate. Custom Cold air Intake. 2.25 Exhaust to Bosal muffler.
ACT Stage 2, Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel, Short Shifter with CorkSport Bushings and SS Clutch Line.
Suspension Techniques Springs On Zx2 Struts. SRD Control arm Bushings, Custom Sway Bar Links
Matt

Post by Matt »

ditto ^^
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

Oke, it would be nitrous oxide in stead of NOS.

But how will I know if the lines are long enough for our car?

If thinking about buying a wet-kit that's able of giving a 75 or 100 shot

Worklog
Worklog click
X3RCKT

Post by X3RCKT »

Zex TPS Kit. Length of tubing is pretty generic. The only tube that really has to be the right length is the one coming from teh bottle to the controller. You can mount the controller under the hood and the line(s) leaving it will be pretty standard.

Unless you are going Direct Port, which is pretty drastic, the line will be attatched to your Intake Ducting (between the Throttle Body and the MAF(the plunger thing, sorry if this is wrong naming)) and not right into your IM.

Pushing the Button is out dated IMO. They come with a TPS mount that will release what you need at a designated throttle possition, usually WOT. When you get a kit they should come with different nozzles for 50-150.

I would not going over 75 with a stock Fuel Pump. With a Walbro 255(100 alone) and MS Injectors you can go 150 if you really want to. If going over 100 shot I would suggest running a bit on the rich side.
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

se7en wrote:Oh, and I really recommend you don't call it nos. Otherwise your chrome checker plate floorboards will fall out when your manifold pressure gets too high :)
FWIW, this only applies to DSM cars.
Cody
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

X3RCKT wrote:Zex TPS Kit. Length of tubing is pretty generic. The only tube that really has to be the right length is the one coming from teh bottle to the controller. You can mount the controller under the hood and the line(s) leaving it will be pretty standard.

Unless you are going Direct Port, which is pretty drastic, the line will be attatched to your Intake Ducting (between the Throttle Body and the MAF(the plunger thing, sorry if this is wrong naming)) and not right into your IM.

Pushing the Button is out dated IMO. They come with a TPS mount that will release what you need at a designated throttle possition, usually WOT. When you get a kit they should come with different nozzles for 50-150.

I would not going over 75 with a stock Fuel Pump. With a Walbro 255(100 alone) and MS Injectors you can go 150 if you really want to. If going over 100 shot I would suggest running a bit on the rich side.
So, I could just take about any kit I'd like?

Worklog
Worklog click
X3RCKT

Post by X3RCKT »

Pretty much.

It is all going to depend on what kind of support you have for it which will determine which nozzles/shots you use.

I have used Zex and loved it... so I Pro-Zex. :shrug:
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

I used a zex dry kit in a Tiburon and it is an easy intsall for anyone electricly inclined. I also upgraded it to the wet kit for saftey reasons. Wet gives a better chance of not detonating and screwin the motor. the zex wet kit number is 82021 you can use that to find it on ebay.. I will probably put one in my MXZE later in the year. I have never had any problems with the kit on the tiburon and Venom is also a extremely good company but im not sure if they have anything that would work for our cars but its worth checking. I think NOS offers something for our cars but have never had any experiance with them. there are also some smaller companies that produce kits but Zex always seemd best since it only fires at WOT and there is no button u just use the pedal and go. Good Luck keep us posted on what u go with.
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

X3RCKT wrote:Pretty much.

It is all going to depend on what kind of support you have for it which will determine which nozzles/shots you use.

I have used Zex and loved it... so I Pro-Zex. :shrug:

What do you mean by support?

I'll keep you posted...

I'm hoping to buy a kit for around 300-400 $

Worklog
Worklog click
X3RCKT

Post by X3RCKT »

WhiteFinish wrote: What do you mean by support?
I'll keep you posted...
I'm hoping to buy a kit for around 300-400 $
Support as in Fuel Pump, Injectors, FPR, MS, Tuning, whatever.

In most cases a Fuel Pump and a good tune will be sufficient for N2O.

I would check Ebay and get youself a used kit. As long as the electronics are still good there is nothing that wears out in them.

I found a couple nice looking kits, I will PM the links to you.

Return to “Forced Induction”