Custom clear LED Turn signal.

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
X3RCKT

Re: Custom clear LED Turn signal.

Post by X3RCKT »

Yeah that is what I meant, if it could move in the direction of the turn. Thanks for the info, time for the dremel and the epoxy.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

don't take my word as the law though... if you get pulled over be prepared... maybe keep an old set of OEM housings in the car so you can swap them immediately? :shrug:

only sometimes does ignorance and willingness to fix the problem immediately, work LOL :D
X3RCKT

Post by X3RCKT »

Well it should not be a huge thing to make them so they all flash at the same time if it would turn out be a cop magnet wouldnt it? I guess what I mean is, there has to be something controllin the lights movements, whether it is made into the board or some kind of external controller. If it was an issue, wouldnt it be easy enough to just change the flashing option?
kenken

Post by kenken »

are these LEDs hard to be wired? please guide. thanks
Urbanconcept

Post by Urbanconcept »

I've decided that I don't like the cutout amber lense. So instead I'm going to take apart my clear turn signals and put the clear lense over my housing with the LED circuit board in it.
Friendship is like pissing your pants: Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its true warmth.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

Urbanconcept wrote:I've decided that I don't like the cutout amber lense. So instead I'm going to take apart my clear turn signals and put the clear lense over my housing with the LED circuit board in it.
I'm glad you did because I was about to throw this in the FAILED thread :lol: hahaha but seriously I can't wait to see the final result! LED's FTW!

I have been using an LED tower in my clear housings for a few years now and I love the electronic look of it especially when the blinker is on.
Urbanconcept

Post by Urbanconcept »

Mooneggs wrote:
Urbanconcept wrote:I've decided that I don't like the cutout amber lense. So instead I'm going to take apart my clear turn signals and put the clear lense over my housing with the LED circuit board in it.
I'm glad you did because I was about to throw this in the FAILED thread :lol: hahaha but seriously I can't wait to see the final result! LED's FTW!

I have been using an LED tower in my clear housings for a few years now and I love the electronic look of it especially when the blinker is on.

Thanks man. I'm curious to see what the circuit board will look like all lit up. It fills the housing perfectly.
Friendship is like pissing your pants: Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its true warmth.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

any updated pics?
Urbanconcept

Post by Urbanconcept »

nah I haven't gotten around to it. Instead I've installed leather seats, and an aftermarket steering wheel. Next on the list will be crome miata handles, then LED turn and marker lights.
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

Since you are in Ontario...

Any lamp in the front of the vehicle must be either white or amber in colour. any lamp on the rear of the vehicle must be red or amber, with the expection of the license plate lamp and the reverse lamp, which must be white in colour.
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
JustinV6

Post by JustinV6 »

cant wait to see this finished, looks awesome so far.
1992 Mx-3 GS 5 speed...zoom zoom!
Jutzi420

Post by Jutzi420 »

I've been hassled about my white turn signals before. Of course I have white turns in the rear. Last OPP that pulled me went so far as to say I shouldn't have white side markers, of course he didn't say it was illegal, just said I should change 'em.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”