scammers list.

This forum is for your (the user and visitors of MX-3.com) opinion, recommendations and issues about MX-3.com.
2fazed
Supporting Member

scammers list.

Post by 2fazed »

I've been thinking about this for awhile. Alot of scammers here. Would it benefit us if we had a scammers list. I know that when their banned they change user names, but we still know where they live. Like a heads up. Alot of people deal outside of Mx-3.com, maybe the list would get people to ask more questions about their deal, and may figure out if it's legit.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I don't get it... if they are banned and they try to rejoin usually you can just report them if you think they are the same member and it gets taken care of...

I dunno about posting peoples addresses on the forum... even if they ARE scammers... I think overall we do a good job on the forum to shoot down scammers...
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

Mooneggs wrote:I don't get it... if they are banned and they try to rejoin usually you can just report them if you think they are the same member and it gets taken care of...

I dunno about posting peoples addresses on the forum... even if they ARE scammers... I think overall we do a good job on the forum to shoot down scammers...
How would you know who they are, when they rejoin? I'm not saying to post their home address. But maybe user name, real name, city, and email address. People can change names and email address's, but when you send a payment, is when you get real info.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

Scammers are easy to spot, it would appear anything listed in the Group Buy forum is a scam :roll:
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
sk8erdude802

Post by sk8erdude802 »

apparently with the number of people that get scammed on this site they are not so easy to spot.

Steve-O
93' MX-3 GS SE ZE - Sold to Acheron1502! SOLD!!!

93' MX-3 GS SE - R.I.P. K8 with Integra CAI, HEI mod, Koni inserts with H&R's,drift kit, Kicker KX400.1 and KX200.2 amps, 2 kicker 12s, set of 6x9's. Custom trunk enclosure

MyFeedBackThread
^^^^^ Click on image for my work log ^^^^^
Jcorrea81

Re: scammers list.

Post by Jcorrea81 »

Does anyone know waht can be done if you paid through paypal and you have not recived the item and the tother person does not reply to your messages??
Juan C
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

If it was someone on this board, you should try to contact them through both this and paypal. If still nothing happens, keep us informed. How long has it been since the transaction? You can file a dispute in paypal to try to get the money back but it hasn't worked for me...
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

I believe it has to be within 45 days of the transaction as well. If you used your credit card you are probably out of luck. If you used your bank account you may be able to get something back... good luck.
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

I filed a paypal dispute against an ebay company who I purchased a '90-98 Mx-3 Chilton manual from. I knew they were trouble from the beginning, but I couldn't find the book anywhere else.

As it turned out, my instincts were correct. They said that they had shipped the book, but I never did get it.

I ended up winning the dispute and got my money back. Their ebay username is autorepairbooks, and they have one listed right now. They have soooo many negative feedback comments about people never receiving their product, and them not responding to emails.
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
Stablo87

Post by Stablo87 »

umcamara, did you ever get the book? i have an extra one if you will pay for shipping.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

umcamara wrote:I filed a paypal dispute against an ebay company who I purchased a '90-98 Mx-3 Chilton manual from. I knew they were trouble from the beginning, but I couldn't find the book anywhere else.
do you still need the book??
umcamara
Supporting Member

Post by umcamara »

I'd like one. I PM'd Stablo87, but if that doesn't go through, I'd still like one.
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

oops when I posted I meant to put the link below for the online manual or are you just looking to get a hardcopy?

http://www.mx-3.com/manuals/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
umcamara
Supporting Member

Post by umcamara »

Yeah...I'm looking to get one of the Chilton manuals. I'm not sure if it's any good.
I do use the online manual very often though.
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread

Return to “MX-3.com Site and Forum Recommendations and Issues”