almost time for a new engine?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Jiggsaw

almost time for a new engine?

Post by Jiggsaw »

Lately ive noticed my car dosent seem to have the power it used to, its leaking quite a bit of oil, and after running for a while you can smell burnt antifreeze. could a blown head gasket be the problem?

im thinking of swapping a new engine in instead of trying to fix this one, i would love to get a ze but i cant afford it right now :(
1992 Mx-3 GS White
1980 Spyder Monza(Torn Apart ATM)
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Re: almost time for a new engine?

Post by Kirk95gs »

does your coolant have any oil in it? by what you said it sounds like a head gasket.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Alot of guys TRIED to blow their engines, just for an excuse to swap. Find a good, strong DE, and you'll be stoked. If your K8 is going out, it's probably running weak, so the HP increase will seem even more extreme. Do the intake, and exhaust (put headers, and filled Motor mounts on while it's out), and you'll be happy.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Jiggsaw

Post by Jiggsaw »

thanks for the help:) ill look into it
1992 Mx-3 GS White
1980 Spyder Monza(Torn Apart ATM)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”