93 1.6 manual issues

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
kakarot135

93 1.6 manual issues

Post by kakarot135 »

Ok here is the deal, I have a 93 mx3 1.6L 4 cyl. Today on my way to work this morning i was getting off of the highway and went to downshift into fourth gear and could not shift into fourth, I then tried third and it went right in, would not go into second but went into first ok. once I got to work I was experimenting with it and found out that I could only shift into 1, 3. and 5. I could not get the siftter to go into 2, 4 or reverse. Does any one have any ideas. I went out tonight and was screwing with the linkage a little under the car while trying to figure out what was going wrong and it worked itself loose and now seems to be fine. Any Ideas as to what caused this in case it comes back. Thank you in advance.

Jason
Kakarot 135
5speedMX

Re: 93 1.6 manual issues

Post by 5speedMX »

Did the problem ever come back? Mine is doing that now and I'm trying to figure it out.
It ain't done 'til it's done right.
kakarot135

Post by kakarot135 »

the best advice I can give you is to flush and fill the tranny, that is what freed mine up. but shortly after that my tranny went south. and now is shot.... oh well a reason drop a KLZE and new tranny in
Kakarot 135
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

didn't u go BP
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
kakarot135

Post by kakarot135 »

still no engine yet, tax returns possibly. but I am thinking klze right now since it is a little more power and a more indepth swap. Looking to gain a little more experience with swaps and such. but the bp hasn't been ruled out yet. either way i go with the engine, it will be boosted as well. who knows Limegreen if I go with the klze I may be able to keep up with you.

BTW did you ever race the mustang cobra.........
Kakarot 135
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

i'll make sure no KLZE boosted will ever keep up with me

u should stay with the BP

NO i haven't im upgrading and i can't wait till im done..

I want to beat that LIL shyt

F&&^ mustang cobra I'll film it whip it and he'll never hear the end of it from me..

I have beaten the cobra's before i guess he wants to learn the hard way.. im not worried about that guy just some 20 year old who thinks he has a fast mustang..

just like some guy i knew with a GTO with the LS2 motor and a 75shot of nitrous keep on wanting to race me for months i finally did race him he sprayed me and i still pulled him.. was about a year ago..

He'll get whats coming to him
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
kakarot135

Post by kakarot135 »

I don't know, if I do the KLZE with lower compression pistons and a t3/t4 turbo, intake, exhaust, and megaaquirt ( or some other engine management) it should be pretty quick. while I am doing the pistons a regrind on the cams might not be a bad idea as well.

As for the Cobra, my mx3 with the B6 has taken a Mach 1, the cobra isn't much faster. He should be toast against you and make sure you film it so we can shut his a-- up.....

What are the upgrades being done, not another tranny I hope....
Kakarot 135
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

fuel system

1000cc injectors
custom fuel rail
areomotive FPR

750hp percision turbo intercooler

new act clutch rated at 432 ft/lb of torque

and the turbo upgrading from the old 57trim to im still thinking and looking what size to get

and idea of size sc6769 size

new tune and up the boost to 25psi.. get it dynoed as well hopw the stock BP can handle it
5speedMX

Post by 5speedMX »

kakarot135 What have you done to your b6 about how many hp do you think it's puttin out? I've got a b6 that's stock and I'm plannin to either swap in a bp or try to get everything I can out of this b6. How much power potential does the b6 have? I'm not gonna be track racing I just want more power for smokin my tires at traffic lights.LOL
kakarot135

Post by kakarot135 »

First off let me say that the B6 is by no means a FAST motor. you can make it quick but it will never be truely fast. That is why Limegreen swapped to a BP and also why I am going either BP or more likely KLZE. The best advice I can give you is if you just want to smoke the tires, do the simple stuff, Intake, exhaust, I know some people who have put performance cams from the Miata 1.5L, don't know if they are a direct fit or you have to modify them. Other than that you may want to look at weight reduction.

IF you are looking to make the car FAST, swap the engine.....
Kakarot 135
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

in time i'll make the fastest 1.6 sohc ever..
First off let me say that the B6 is by no means a FAST motor
JWmotorsport i think i speel it rite sorry if i didn't might say other wise

please go BP easier to work on vs the klze..

u have to swap crossmember, shift linkage, rad, not to sure if u can keep ur a/c and PS, wiring harness, ecu, guage cluster being that too much to list

reason why i converted a 93 V6 mx-3 into a 93 1.6 sohc but was easier for me due to the fact a lot of the shyt i don't need wasn't put back on. gotta love race setup..

if klze is what u want well i can't convince you them.

the BP hasn't let me down and is a very stout motor
5speedMX

Post by 5speedMX »

Limegreen what the difference between the BP and the BPT and why do you say F*** da BPT in your signature
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

5speedMX wrote:Limegreen what the difference between the BP and the BPT and why do you say F*** da BPT in your signature

the BP is a non turbo version of the BPT.

there are difference between the two
(just do a simple search and u'll see tons of info.)

the reason why i have F*** da BPT in my signature is simple

most turbo BP's in a mazda happen to be BPT..

being that the mazda is boosted i want to state that its not a BPT just a N/A bp thats turbo charged

Return to “Transmissions”