MAZDA 3 STEERING WHEEL

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
PWRD_BY_HKS

MAZDA 3 STEERING WHEEL

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

does it fit.... i can buy one wth out the air bag but i just dont know if i will bolt up or not...
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
261trb

Post by 261trb »

yeah i was also wondering about this... does any1 know :)?
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Thats good question. I am not sure tho. I do know that the Protege5 one has the same spline count and that fits. There is a chance they are the same. only way is to give it a try and see.
Micv

Post by Micv »

It should fit nicely if it's the same as the Mazda 6. You only need to make small grooves at the back. Hooking up the airbag is another question and i haven't tried that yet....
MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

Might fit spline-wise , but the connections for horn , and cruise control would have to be custom wired to work , Also I don't think you can even buy a car without airbags anymore ,

Kris -
93 Kandy Tangerine Mx3 GS-DE
05 Saab 9-2x (Wrx power plant)
02 Subaru Impreza OBS
05 Subaru forester Xt - sti mods
04 dodge ram - toy hauler -FOR SALE
& Lots of Toys to haul :D
Micv

Post by Micv »

MazdaManiacMx3 wrote:Might fit spline-wise , but the connections for horn , and cruise control would have to be custom wired to work , Also I don't think you can even buy a car without airbags anymore ,

Kris -
Correct. But it's not hard to wire up at least not the horn part. (My car doesn't have cruise)
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

My 07' Mazda 3 has the stereo controls on the steering wheel...that would be an awesome feature in my MX3.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Smith18

Re: MAZDA 3 STEERING WHEEL

Post by Smith18 »

Dam i would love a newer oem style leather steering wheel, but not after market some of them look ridiculous if there not $3-400. How do you find out which ones fit? or is it just a trial and error....?
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS, V6 KLZE 2.5L, CenterForce Duel Friction Clutch, Nylon Shifter Bushings (from Imazda.com), Integra Cold Air Intake, Millenia Intake Manifold, Indigo Gauges, Pacesetter Header->Resonator->2.5" piping->Dynomax Muffler, VSX Front and back bumpers from FX Designs, AWR Front and back Motor Mounts.
yellow

Re: MAZDA 3 STEERING WHEEL

Post by yellow »

I remember seeing a picture on this site of a guy that changed all the old mazda logo's on his car to the new mazda logo, and for the steering wheel he got a Protege5 steering wheel wich also has a new mazda logo on it but i cant find these pictures anywhere? does someone know where to find those pictures?

Return to “Appearance”