Automatic Seatbelt problem...

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
theaerokid

Automatic Seatbelt problem...

Post by theaerokid »

The auto seatbelt on the drivers side of my car stoped working today...Ive never had any problem with it before...I stoped to hose down the car and when i got back in it wouldnt close...So now its stoped in the foward position...Ive checked the fuse and its good...The passenger side works fine...Is there anyway to manually wind them into the closed position??? :freak:
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: Automatic Seatbelt problem...

Post by umcamara »

The door pin is likely frozen closed. It's a black plastic nippley looking thing on the door jam, close to the striker where the door latches.
You should be able to push it in and it should pop back out on it's own. Are your interior lights as well not coming on when you open the door? This will tell you for sure that's what it is.

Although...I'm not entirely sure what triggers the auto seatbelts, since I don't have them. Maybe it's when you turn the ignition on?
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I am guessing this is the recall problem.

http://www.mx-3.com/recalls/seatbelts.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I swapped doors from a 94 with manual belts and my autobelts stay in the closed position all the time so I don't think the little black poppy thing is the problem IMO.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

i don't know if they still fix them at the dealer still

just go to any mazda dealer and ask if they still have a recall on the auto seat belt.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
tazman7341

Post by tazman7341 »

i had a prob with my seat belt on my first car the cord in the track had sliped out at the 90 deg at the back of door . the anser is yes there is a way to move it by hand if you look behide the seat the plastic cover that covers the motor for the seat belt , if you remove the cover you will see a plastic bult near the motor should be the same size as your tire iron turn that and should move for you . but you should allways find pro help when dealing with safety ... good luck
m0rpheus666

Post by m0rpheus666 »

the recall is still in effect, i had mine fixed about a year and a half ago, if you have problems with the dealership just have them look up the recall, when mazda did the recall they extended it to last "the life of the car". Got mine fixed free of charge.
theaerokid

Post by theaerokid »

yup took it to a dealer in butler and they fixed it and thy also did the front coil springs:)

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”