eBay Timing Belt/Tensioner/Waterpump Kit

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
ElectricEnergy

eBay Timing Belt/Tensioner/Waterpump Kit

Post by ElectricEnergy »

Hey guys,

I did a search for this stuff and I got a lot of results doesn't sound like anyone is having any problems with them... but I thought I'd ask myself just to relieve the paranoia.

This kit
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-02-Ma ... dZViewItem
and this kit
http://cgi.ebay.ca/MAZDA-626-MX6-MILLEN ... dZViewItem
seem to be identical, but the price is slightly different. Does it matter which one I get for my ZE?

Are these reliable? The timing belt and water pump are pretty crucial... Can I trust them to keep me going 80,000k down the road?

$110 almost seems to good to be true...

David
KL-ZE Swap - OBX SS Headers - 2.5" Exhaust - Falken Azenis Tires - H&R Springs - ZX-2 Struts - CAI - Front & Rear Tower Bar - AWR Motor Mounts - 100hp wet shot (yet to be tested)
se7en

Re: eBay Timing Belt/Tensioner/Waterpump Kit

Post by se7en »

well, that does seem like a good price for all that you are getting......but I don't know.....

That bottom dollar price stuff for important stuff like timing belts has always seemed sketchy to me.....But who knows, if I needed a timing belt, I would probably try one of those out because I can do the work myself. also, our engines are non-interference engines, so if anything goes on it, you are only out your time and 100ish dollars I guess.

1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
Smith18

Post by Smith18 »

WOW what a coincidence, i was just going to post the exactly the same thing!. I found some on ebay for about $60-70:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/93-97-FORD-PROBE-GT- ... dZViewItem" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sorry to jack your thread but what happened? or are you doing just maintenance (are you pulling the engine or doing it in the car?) :( my front main seal is done so now im going to replace timing belt and all, but im pulling the engine and replacing alot of stuff so i don't have to again :P
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS, V6 KLZE 2.5L, CenterForce Duel Friction Clutch, Nylon Shifter Bushings (from Imazda.com), Integra Cold Air Intake, Millenia Intake Manifold, Indigo Gauges, Pacesetter Header->Resonator->2.5" piping->Dynomax Muffler, VSX Front and back bumpers from FX Designs, AWR Front and back Motor Mounts.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

80K? No sweat.. they will work fine for that. This is assuming your daily driving the car and not beating the crap out of it at a track all the time. I am running the same timing belt, though I reused my metal idler pulleys. At the time that I got my set, they didnt offer a kit with a waterpump.. so I had to buy mine locally. Granted I am running the stock K8.. but thats not going to make any difference. And as Se7en mentioned.. our engines are non interference so if you do get a defective belt.. it wont bend any valves if the belt breaks.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

when my timing belt snapped I bought all new tensioner pulleys from ebay and they seem to be working fine in my klze and still drive the crap out of it...

I bought the timing belt separate from a local auto parts store because I wanted a gates belt.
ElectricEnergy

Post by ElectricEnergy »

Alright, thanks guys. I'll go with these.

This is for a ZE swap, I'm just changing it before it goes in the car. I will be driving the hell out of it but I am definitely capable of changing it again down the road.

David
KL-ZE Swap - OBX SS Headers - 2.5" Exhaust - Falken Azenis Tires - H&R Springs - ZX-2 Struts - CAI - Front & Rear Tower Bar - AWR Motor Mounts - 100hp wet shot (yet to be tested)
Smith18

Post by Smith18 »

do your main seals to! haha im at a stand still right now with my car cause i didnt change my timing belt or nothing when i installed it, and now my front main seal is done so now im doing it all when i pull it.

When are you planing on doing this? can me and Tyler help haha?
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS, V6 KLZE 2.5L, CenterForce Duel Friction Clutch, Nylon Shifter Bushings (from Imazda.com), Integra Cold Air Intake, Millenia Intake Manifold, Indigo Gauges, Pacesetter Header->Resonator->2.5" piping->Dynomax Muffler, VSX Front and back bumpers from FX Designs, AWR Front and back Motor Mounts.
ElectricEnergy

Post by ElectricEnergy »

I'm doing pretty much everything, ordering a gasket kit on ebay which includes the main seals.

I'll be doing it over the next couple months.... I generally like to tackle things on my own but I could definitely use a hand for some stuff.

I'm really sketched out right now cause my motor is on its way...... and it might not be a ZE. The guy over at JDM source sent me pictures of it and shipped it within 4 hours of me paying for it. He sent me the numbers for the compression test at the same time that he sent my tracking number.....

It looks really good but he said the compression is between 175-180 straight across cold.... Shouldn't it be higher? He got pretty defensive when I called him up and asked if it was correct. I'm not looking forward to dealing with tracking down the right motor and returning this one. :(

I guess all I can do is wait for it to get here and check all the codes/piston type.

Regards,
David
Smith18

Post by Smith18 »

well most guys on here say that a true ze is 200 across the board, and the millenia de is around 170-180 but it doesnt have the right cams or the higher compression pistons...?. I don't know if mine is even a ze but it has the same pull as tylers and the right cam's?. I never did a compression test on mine though.

Haha i cant wait till you get yours done! wow that will be cool cruising with all 3 of our cars with klze's. Have to take them to the track a few more times this year thought haha, you'll have to show us how to drive it :P .
ElectricEnergy

Post by ElectricEnergy »

Thats the thing, I don't even know.

I asked him for the compression and codes and he said "sure, place the order and I'll send it to your email address". I thought that was kinda weird, but I went with it anyway. Next time I checked my email I had pictures of the motor, no codes for anything, the compression test and a tracking number. We'll see how it goes I guess.

Yeah, we definitely need to meet out at the track more often this summer.

I kinda lucked out with my car last summer. I think the reason I had that one good day is because my clutch was slipping just the right amount to give me a really good launch when I dumped it. ;) I haven't been able to get faster than 16.9 since. The ZE should fix all that though.... if its a ZE.

Even if its a Millenia DE, I still payed for the engine they had advertised on their website!

David
ElectricEnergy

Post by ElectricEnergy »

Awww damn. Apparently my engine arrived today while my cellphone was off. Just checked my voicemail now. Doh! I guess I'll have to pick it up on Monday. Now I'm going to be stressing about it all weekend.... great.

Pretty good service though, got here within 18 hours of me ordering it.

David
Smith18

Post by Smith18 »

where did you get it dropped off? don't you need a place with a docking thing?
ElectricEnergy

Post by ElectricEnergy »

Its at the Canadian Freight way dock or whatever their called. I'm sure we'll find some way to get it into the back of a pickup.
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

I got the ebay belt and pullys and my items are holding up well.
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”