Need help identifying leak

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
*Y*

Need help identifying leak

Post by *Y* »

Hey guys,

It seems that I have a leak in my tranny somewhere, and I can't figure out exactly where it is. I have a manual KLZE. The leak seems to be centered around the rear mount. However the speedo sensor is not leaking. I may have overfilled it when I was changing the oil. Could someone explain some likely culprits and help me identify the problem?
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

If it was me, I would try to clean off everything around it. Let it stand a day without driving it. Maybe it would show where it was coming from. Cause when your driving it, all the fluids scatters around. It could fluid from your master cylinder, tranny, even your racknpinion unit.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
mx3autozam

Re: Need help identifying leak

Post by mx3autozam »

Its probabaly the seal around were the axle goes into the trans. It is called a Output shaft seal. It also could be the neutral sfaety switch is leaking. there is a crush wahser type of seal there too.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
*Y*

Re: Need help identifying leak

Post by *Y* »

One more question for you guys while we are on the subject of neutral safety switches, what exactly does it do and can it cause starting problems?

Return to “Transmissions”