how fast am i going in the dark?

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Gods Father

how fast am i going in the dark?

Post by Gods Father »

please tell me cause i dont kno...my gauge cluster isnt lighting up when i turn my lights on...the other lights light up like the check engine and e brake lights things like those...but not the gauges...any suggestions? thanks
1993 MX-3 w/ straight neck KLZE swap...Probe GT 2.5in headers, Custom exhaust w/ test pipe and OBX Twin Loop Tip, Bully Stage 3 Clutch, Fidanza Flywheel, Pheno Spacers, HEI mod, Blaster SS coil, Probinator chip, TWM short shifter, AWR front and rear mounts (88 Durometer), and Corksport braided clutch line...so far

Ever see the lone rider of the night? Well he'll find you and then you'll never him again...
lowflyinmx3

Post by lowflyinmx3 »

I had a problem just like that. my problem was i had a loose wire under the dash. check around and wiggle the wires around if you need to. when you hit the right wire your lights will come on and you'll hear the idle drop. my wire was lose becuase the previous removed the security box and didn't put everything back together tight. hope that helps. also check your fuses.
Mazda.... What happens in the parking lot, stays in the parking lot
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

Could also be burnt out cluster bulbs, they're very inexpensive.
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

umcamara wrote:Could also be burnt out cluster bulbs, they're very inexpensive.
lol true but I doubt they ALL went out at the same time. Check the wires around your dimmer switch - if one of those is pulled out none of your dash lights will come on.
mooneggz

Post by mooneggz »

Well if you do not want to trouble shoot your problem or see if the above answers fix it, you could always duct tape a small flashlight on your steering wheel and point it at your gauges. But I would def try and figure out if it is a loose wire or bulbs gone bad.
Gods Father

Post by Gods Father »

well someone had installed a security box in there prior to me purchasing and was one of the worst electrical jobs i have ever seen so it might be that but ill get under there tomorro and wiggle em around thanks for the help
1993 MX-3 w/ straight neck KLZE swap...Probe GT 2.5in headers, Custom exhaust w/ test pipe and OBX Twin Loop Tip, Bully Stage 3 Clutch, Fidanza Flywheel, Pheno Spacers, HEI mod, Blaster SS coil, Probinator chip, TWM short shifter, AWR front and rear mounts (88 Durometer), and Corksport braided clutch line...so far

Ever see the lone rider of the night? Well he'll find you and then you'll never him again...
SuperK
Supporting Member

Re: how fast am i going in the dark?

Post by SuperK »

95MPH. Hope this helps.

Careful with the cops.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

SuperK wrote:95MPH. Hope this helps.

Careful with the cops.
His speedo could be off though. I was gonna say roughly 97MPH... just to be on the safe side.
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
Stablo87

Post by Stablo87 »

Did you ever fix this prob?
Gods Father

Post by Gods Father »

no actually i was planning on fixing it and a few days later my engine blew and since then ive been workin on putting a KLZE in so after that im gonna try again to fix it...any info?

Stablo87

Post by Stablo87 »

no i just have the same prob and i wanna fix it

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”