NEED TRANNY TO HOLD 8-900 HORSE POWER NEED INFO????

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
WILLMX-3
BANNED Member

NEED TRANNY TO HOLD 8-900 HORSE POWER NEED INFO????

Post by WILLMX-3 »

IM BUILING A ZE TO HOLD A GT235R TURBO KIT WITH A 60PSI HP ENGINE KIT HOW DO I AND WHERE DO I GO ABOUT GETTING THE BLOCK TO WITHSTAND THAT AMOUNT OF PRESSURE???

WHAT SHOULD I DO TO THE CAMS OR WHERE WOULD I GET THEM???

AXLES???

AND TRANNY TOO????
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

This thread rules.. How many users ID's do you have?

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Bochek

Post by Bochek »

Custommx3 wrote:Image
HA! i was going to post that, you beat me to it.
Adam Bochek's 93 1.6L SOHC http://www.bochek.ca/car.gif
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Re: NEED TRANNY TO HOLD 8-900 HORSE POWER NEED INFO????

Post by Mooneggs »

WILLMX-3 wrote:IM BUILING A ZE TO HOLD A GT235R TURBO KIT WITH A 60PSI HP ENGINE KIT HOW DO I AND WHERE DO I GO ABOUT GETTING THE BLOCK TO WITHSTAND THAT AMOUNT OF PRESSURE???

WHAT SHOULD I DO TO THE CAMS OR WHERE WOULD I GET THEM???

AXLES???

AND TRANNY TOO????
If you are planning this type of project, wouldn't you already have alot of experience in this area after years of building smaller setups and working your way up to this massive amount of power??? Hopefully you have a ton of money and don't mind spending it on something like an mx-3 instead of buying something outright that would cost less than this project...
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

WITH A 60PSI HP ENGINE KIT
?

7-10 psi, and BOOM.
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

stock auto mx3 trans...never fails :wink:
Chris--It's HOTNESS, you wouldn't understand! -- Donate to MX-3.com--It'll make you feel good!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/colonelsmx3
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD Sedan
1987 Jeep Comanche
Mx3Baker

Post by Mx3Baker »

LOL stock auto tranny and make sure to use the HOLD button....maybe your tranny will go out even before your 60psi blows ur motor
93 Mx-3 GS
5 SPD Conversion

Worklog at
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=54796" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
insane_clown_killer

Post by insane_clown_killer »

hey now lets make fun i am running 100 psi.........Image
somorecords

Post by somorecords »

lol come on iv got higher psi under the hood than i have in the tires lol
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

Anything is possible with enough money and resources. Basically your best bet at that power level is to turn the engine side ways and use a built power glide like the rest of the Pro FWD crowd. Your other option is to have custom parts machined & VERY well designed to fit inside of the stock bell housing...you may have to build a reinforcement cage inside to hold everything. The material of choice would be Carpenter Aermet 100 which costs about $33-$34 per pound...it is what I am dreaming of having axles, custom cv's, & hubs made from. The last drive line I had in my car completely came apart in the first 30' of launching hard. The so called unbreakable custom stub shaf was in two pieces with both ends twisted. The driver side V6 axle was twisted and the Mazdaspeed LSD dicintigrated...you could see the grit on the stub shaft when removed from where I exploded the viscus discs in it. This was all done on a 500HP B6 engine launching at 6000rpm and 5+psi of boost.

Boost pressure isn't everything...it helps when you have restricions...actually thats what makes boost pressure. I've got a good $15,000 in my car at this point and I've done nearly all the fabrication, installtion, & tuning...so good luck, you get what you pay for.

Short answer....yes your dream can be built, but your gonna need one hell of a bank account to do it! :wink:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!

Return to “Transmissions”