good launching suspension?

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
ctford27

good launching suspension?

Post by ctford27 »

what kind of springs and shocks do you guys recomend for a good launch? i was looking at the AGX adjustable gas shocks but they don't make them for our cars. any other brands make adjustables that will fit? i have an MX-3 gs that i'm swapping out to a klze with a supercharger. it will be mostly a street car that i may take to the drag strip in the spring for shits'n'giggles.

thanx
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I'm not sure about springs/struts but just installing my SRD bushings improved my launch tremendously... no more bouncing or hopping :D
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

Actually a good suspension i felt for drag and comfortable ride is K-sports. I know they don't make them for our cars, but u can make the Probe/MX-6 Set to fit our cars. It offers an unreal handling car, very nice and stiff ride, but not rediculously uncomfortable.

I drove my car on the street as a daily driver for over a year and loved my suspension. I actually swapped out the K-sport springs for a set of stiffer/shorter springs specifically for my street/drag racing.
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
ctford27

Post by ctford27 »

how can i make them fit? is there any info on here?
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

The front is a direct fit as far as bolting to the upper frame and lower bolts, the only thing is u will need small spacers. I used a washer on each side. Where the strut bolts to the hub. Other than that the front is done.

The rear is a lil more complicated. I used OEM strut mounts since ours are 2-bolts. Where the probe/mx6 is 3 bolt. But you can easily drill a new hole or 2 and use the 3-bolt rear plates from K-sport.

The biggest issue with fitting the rears are that the spacing of the rear bolts are not the same. But are very close. All that i did was use one bolt hole and the other is slightly off, so what was needed is to oval the hole on the strut and then it fit perfectly. You will also need a washer on each side where the strut bolts to the rear hub.

I do not have piucs, but i was the first to fit them on my MX-3 and had them for a long time with no problems. They are now on my brother's MX-3 and still ride awesome.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

so... where do you recommend we buy them? :lol:
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

You can buy them from any K-sport dealer. Or look for them on Probetalk.com or MX6.com for a used set.

I can take pics and make a write up using my brothers car if anyone wanted. But it would take some time.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

i been looking into the k-sport form some time since within the next year sad to say my current mx-3 will be a drag mx-3 and no longer my daily driver. my other turbo sohc mx-3 will be my new daily driver.

anyways back to the point i need to replace the stock suspenision its squats so bad under hard acceration down the track. its looks so sick watching it do that. i know im loosing time with its current suspenision.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”