radiator hose

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
bdr2k5

radiator hose

Post by bdr2k5 »

you know that lil radiator over the lower hose in the radiator that goes to a tube around the thermostat area, is that a return or inlet hose!?, the reason im asking, is because i busted my radiator yestarday trying to take my alternator out, so when to the junkyard and got a used one, but it that that tube in the radiator welded\blocked. so i had to put a plug on mine too.

i already installed the radiator and tested it for 30 min, and everything seems to work fine without that hose.

i know the hose goes to the idle air control on the TB. but is it returning it? or sucking it?
93 mx-3 w/ Curved Neck klze
bdr2k5

Post by bdr2k5 »

come on anybody !?, i just drove the car over 2 hours without that hose, no problems, but i want to make sure the purpose of this hose!!! :shock:
93 mx-3 w/ Curved Neck klze
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Its just a hose that passes radiator water from one bank to the other. Im thinking of bypassing it if its possible. I think it helps with the pressure.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”