Extension Bar Question

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
Brad

Extension Bar Question

Post by Brad »

Is the extension bar supposed to be welded to the square or rectangular plate on the end that holds the shift laver mechanism? :? Reason I ask is mine is only attached with a lag bolt that I think somebody used as a band-aid for a proper repair. :shock: If it is supposed to be welded, will the alignment be obvious when I get it out? :?:
Brad

Post by Brad »

I answered my own question once I got a closer look at the problem. Appears the rubber thingy that holds the shift lever together (on the end of the shifter rod) has deteriorated and does not stay in the cavity by friction as it was designed. Do I get a new rubber thingy from Mazda, or is there a better solution?
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

Is this what you are looking for-
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=44745
Brad

Post by Brad »

Yeah, Shameem, sounds like I need one, but there were no pictures I could find at that link. Are they still selling them? If not, I could probably make one if I knew what they looked like. Right now I'm using the bolt-through-the-floor fix. I haven't driven it yet to see how annoyng that is, but I suppose it won't hurt anything.
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

Go to the last page in that thread and contact the guy thats making them -
Brad

Post by Brad »

Contacted Chris already and he has some in stock, so mine will ship on Tuesday. I am so glad you read my post and remembered this fix. I couln't see replacing the thing that already broke once. I have no idea how this part works, but it sounds great in the thread. :D Can I put my console back together or does it need to be apart for the installation?
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

Brad

Post by Brad »

Thanks, Shameem. I really appreciate all the time you've spent leading me to this. The link worked great. The bracket looks geal good and is well worth the money. I am anxious to install it. If this is as good as it looks, where do I post my compliments to Chris :?:
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

See if he has feeback in the buyer/seller feedback forum under his screen name. If so then type a referal, if not create a new thread using his screen name.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “Transmissions”