Failed Lambo door group buy...

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
magiccowinuse

Post by magiccowinuse »

1994 1.6L White MX-3 - Daily Driver
1995 Red MX-3 -Project
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

STOP WITH THE DISPUTES!!!! Man you guys....Kyle has said time and time again that IF people open disputes he will not ship kits. If you guys dont stop the disputes Kyle will NOT release any kits and will charge everyone full price. Here is the email I got from him today.

First off, the kits are being welded and some will be going out this week. Correction would be going out this week as TWO PEOPLE have opened up disputes on Paypal. I am sick of this and I am now forwarding this matter to our lawyers and having them deal with it. Further more, the people with disputes open will be getting passed on to collection agencies as the $200 deposit put them into a binding contract to purchase the kit. It is not our fault people took until the 30th of July to pay. Furthermore, if the two people continue to refuse to pay, then everyone else in the group buy will be forced to pay the full Retail price of the kit, as the discount was soley based upon 10 people buying the kit. It has been one thing after another. From you telling people our kits are not bolt on, to then saying that you had everyone ready to pay (once we put the second deadline in place) and then having to wait weeks for everyone to pay after you said that. We put the final deadline on June 20 something, and did not receive the last payment until July 30th. We did not receive the last payment till July 30th and then a dispute was opened up. I won't even begin to get into the problems YOU and a few other members caused us on the Fiero site (not to mention lost sales) because you decided to post saying we were at fault when not all members have paid. Should this group buy go south, I will make sure our lawyers know about those issues as well.

If people are unhappy about the speed of service, then they should have been on the other members to get their payments in. I told you since we started having problems with people paying, that I WOULD NOT touch a single kit until all payments were made and I meant that. I have two kits that are just being painted then they are ready to ship, and the rest of them are just having the remaining welding finished (we do not do the welding ourselves so this is done by another shop).

I am literally sick and tired of it being one thing after another, in terms of payments and lies, it has been one hassel after another with you getting members to live up to there promises of paying and from misleading them about the kits. From taking a month to get the US Deposits, to now having to wait Months to receive all members payments. Like this is ridiculous and as the group buy administrator you are held responsible for making sure payments are in on time and this was not done, I literally had to chase everyone down or have my fiance do it.

The list goes on with the problems we have encountered. Yes, we have had delays on our side, however we corrected problems with the kits, and addressed all issues on our side. Everyone complained when the kits didn't work right or when we had a delay, but AS SOON as we had the kits ready and told everyone this, they vanished and it took us a long time to get in touch with everyone (which shouldn't have been our job) as we are the company making the products and not running the group buy. Do you think any Major company like Vertical Doors Inc would ship even one kit before all payments were received, I THINK NOT and we are no different. Actually here is a quote from their website regarding custom kits/group buys.

Strart a group buy for VerticalDoors

- We need (10) Orders for the same car, and same year.
- Each VerticalDoors.Com Kit will be $1,599.00 each
- After we get 10 orders, we will start on the VerticalDoors.Com Kit
- Please do not email us regarding this group buy until you gather the orders.
- WE DO NOT DO CUSTOM KITS FOR INDIVIDUAL CARS

Again, I will be passing this information on to our lawyers so they are aware of the situation and the circumstances leading up to this. Like Jordan Magnussen has come up with excuse after excuse to get out of the group buy and now he is the second last one to pay and he opens a dispute, like come ON. You need to control this. What makes him think he will be first in line to get a kit, when he held everyone elses kit up. So if anyone is to blame here, it is the lack of leadership from yourself as well as the people that took forever to pay.And I hope you make people aware of the delays ALONE from Jordan Magnussen.

I expect an immediate response and resolution to this matter as it has gone on long enough, and I have given people AMPLE time to pay, and now people are opening dispute. I told people I would not touch anything, nor ship anything till everyone had paid and they knew this, but now the people that took the longest to pay are opening disputes, NO, that is not how this works. Should people get refunded by Paypal, Legal action will commense on those responsible as well as collection agencies will be contacted. I am done screwing around. I emailed you on the 7th saying that all payments were in and that the one dispute has finally been closed, so the fact that no kits have shipped yet should not come as a surprise.

Kyle Wesley
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
ScooterBovine
Supporting Member

Post by ScooterBovine »

That email is all fine and dandy, but... Lack of communication here. No working phone number, website doesn't work, etc. People on this Forum have gotten fried before, who can blame them for being nervous about another group buy crashing and burning?
No more MX-3.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

ScooterBovine wrote:That email is all fine and dandy, but... Lack of communication here. No working phone number, website doesn't work, etc. People on this Forum have gotten fried before, who can blame them for being nervous about another group buy crashing and burning?
I undertand. But right when we start to see xtreme try to get kits out people throw more hurdles up.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
93_4Banger

Post by 93_4Banger »

i just dont want to get screwed out of $600 im sure no one else wants that either i want my kit and thats it.
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

hey if these guys cant afford to pay rent or keep a phone on or pay for a web site they cant afford to pay for a lawyer. my company is always threatened by people saying that they are gonna get a lawyer. these guys are full of it. I would open a dispute plus as stated by the girlfriend these are ready to go. I also like how the email has no contact on it
Last edited by monty73741 on August 17th, 2007, 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
o0loopy0o

Post by o0loopy0o »

any word on shocks and instructions? ive had my kit for like 3 weeks now and im waiting on those thanks :x
Spotted

Post by Spotted »

Are the shocks going to be a problem? I mean these kits are useless without the shocks. With the trouble we have had with the kits alone, what kind of trouble are we going to have getting the shocks? I don't know if all this hassle is worth it....
Also, I notice that if there is a problem with the money, Kyle is so quick to respond, but if there are question to be answered, HE disappears!!
I am beginning to regret this whole affair...

:cry:
:welder:
rece

Post by rece »

Hey Jarid, Please forward this on to Kyle at Extreme-Doors.

Kyle, I will drop the dispute for the deposit and final payment as soon as I receive direct communication from you. I know that you feel that it should be up to Jarid to communicate with the group buy, but when he has nothing from you in weeks to communicate; it is you that is causing the issues. Please feel free to be in contact with me directly by phone, email or even on the forum. I will not drop the dispute until I hear from you directly. I have vested my money to get this group buy off of the ground, and you have put time and resources in to it, which I respect, but if there it no resolution I can assure you that there will be more than 2 disputes, and these people will be getting their money back.

contact info removed for forum posting
Jesse<BR>red 92 gs
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Kyle emailed me today and said he would be posting on the board tonite or tomorrow.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
rece

Post by rece »

I have received an email from kyle indicating that he wants nothing more than to have this groupbuy done. I will be dropping the dispute immediately. If I feel that something is up, I will re-open the dispute. We all have money invested, and Kyle has invested time and resources, so if there are any open disputes, please close them and lets procede with the end of thei buy. If you feel that there are issues, please let Jarid know and he can try to assist.

Regards,

Jesse
Jesse<BR>red 92 gs
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

cjthor wrote:Kyle emailed me today and said he would be posting on the board tonite or tomorrow.
11:47 NO POST BIG SUPRISE
Jason Danaher
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

rece wrote:I have received an email from kyle indicating that he wants nothing more than to have this groupbuy done. I will be dropping the dispute immediately. If I feel that something is up, I will re-open the dispute. We all have money invested, and Kyle has invested time and resources, so if there are any open disputes, please close them and lets procede with the end of thei buy. If you feel that there are issues, please let Jarid know and he can try to assist.

Regards,

Jesse
i wouldn't drop the dispute... he can have the dispute closed himself, simply by mailing you your kit and then responding to the dispute with your tracking number, and it's a done deal. so really, if he's on the level, what's there for him to be upset about?
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

why is he afraid of his paypal closing i dont think they are that much of nazi's that they would suspend his account on one dispute
Jason Danaher
Spotted

Post by Spotted »

Why are people that are not involved in this group buy even commenting on the events that are happening here?
I believe that it was a g6er that caused the additional 2 disputes to be opened after final payments.
PLEASE do not post any comments in this forum unless you are involved in the group buy as I believe it was stated by the organizer of the buy in earlier posts.
Please.... We all just want this buy over and if people keep egging others on to open disputes, it will not work out favorably for any of us...
:wink:
:welder:

Return to “Appearance”