KL-ZE questions. please help.

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
zoomzoommx

KL-ZE questions. please help.

Post by zoomzoommx »

OK i have a straight neck, and i relieze it wont fit with out modifying Alot of stuff. So i would like to know if theres any detialed descriptions of how to make my k8 IM work, or if it even will? For now, or at least untill i can get a curved neck. i heard it will fit (not shur so i need help) but restict air flow, in that case couldt you just get a dremel and port match it for a little extra porformance?

Any help with the fitment or anything would be great!
bdr2k5

Post by bdr2k5 »

the only one ive seen done it is patdiesel, but i think he keeps it as a secret!, you can PM him though :lol:

i got a spare curved neck that came with my klze, pmme
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

he does keep it a secret but its very easy to figure out what needs to be done to fit it in. you just need to address why it wont fit, and what could you do to make it fit, its actually a pretty easy fix. I know how he did it but its his secret and i've agreed not to say anything on how to do it, but i always try to drop hints. And before someone says it, he isn't being an a-- by not telling how to do it, there are other members on this forum that have it done as well (and no i dont mean griding off part of your TB or mounting your TB upside down, thats the wrong way to do it).

if you have a straight neck and you dont want to deal with the hassle with trying to modify parts on the IM to make the straightneck fit, you should just find a millenia IM, would be your best bet and will not restrict airflow, you can also use a mx6 or probe IM but they have round ports and not the square. the Millenia IM's are pretty easy to find, then junkyard here that moca goes to seems to always have a few in stock.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
zoomzoommx

Post by zoomzoommx »

i understand that no one will tell how to make the straight neck fit. I only have 3 days to find a curved neck (this is the only time i can get the engine swaped by i guy i know for slim to none $200) so i want to know if i can make my 1.8 Intake Manifold work for the time being?
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

yep it will bolt right up will just restrict airflow, make sure you swap the fuel rails you dont want to use the k8 injectors you will starve the engine of fuel
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

zoomzoommx

Post by zoomzoommx »

is there goin to be any vacum problems? what are they/ has anyone done this and nows were there might be troubles. and like i said up there, could i just prot match the 1.8 to work a little better.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

since your using the k8 IM you can use the diagram on your hood to hook your vacuum up, dont waist your time trying to port match the IM, its not going to help that much, your still going to be restricting airflow

zoomzoommx

Post by zoomzoommx »

any body got any figures on HP loss? with the k8 IM
wilko33

Post by wilko33 »

move to the uk and get a right hand drive car.... striahg tneck goes straight in just have ot adapt a good inlet on the induction kit.

No brake servo to worry about on my side of the pond!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”