17 or 18's?

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
arth91

17 or 18's?

Post by arth91 »

Hey guys I've decided that i want to get myself some konig unknowns for my mx-3. When i was talkin to the dude about them he asked me if I would want to step it up to 18's. What are your guys' thoughts on this. Is the ride a lot rougher? Will it look sweet or too big? Anythin else i should be concerned about? Is it worth 400 bucks more?

Thanks for your help
AC
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Depends what you want in your car. 18's can look good but IMO (and from having a set) they are too big. Also, if it is a daily driver I don't recommend that as it is rough to drive around on them. Go with 17's
golhap27
BANNED Member

Post by golhap27 »

1 inch is definitely not worth $400
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

golhap27 wrote:1 inch is definitely not worth $400
Haha, that sounds funny
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

depends which way you think of that inch.........
1994 MX-3 GS KLZE, Probinator, Bully stage 1 (probe GT), B&M Short Shifter, 2 1/4" Custom headders back.
PurpleDinosaur

Post by PurpleDinosaur »

I wouldn't go any bigger than 16 myself... but I am more interested in performance than looks... and I am running 15's. 18s are gonna be heavy as hell... but to each his own.
93 GS SE
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

After running 14's for almost a year now on my klze and 15's on my k8 I'm not sure if I would ever go back to using my 17's...

sure they look cool but they are so heavy :cry: so if you are going solely for looks get 17's...but 18's look too big on the mx-3.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Performance or Bling. Thats the choice you have to make. 17's & 18's are both heavy and will affect your acceleration and your braking. They will also put additional stress on your wheel bearings.. so expect to replace them soon if your still running the factory ones. I like my nice light weight 15" Konig Heliums. But to each their own.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

didnt really want to start a new topic but i have a question. On this website ----> http://www.motegiracing.com/wheels/deta ... p&section=#

i was just looking around for rims and im confused about something.
Now, at the bottom where it shows the 15" rims, what does offset and backside mean? i need to know this cuz illl be getting rims soon. Does offset mean how far off the rim is from the original OEM rims? i have no idea.
1994 MX-3 GS KLZE, Probinator, Bully stage 1 (probe GT), B&M Short Shifter, 2 1/4" Custom headders back.
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

depending on how much u are willing to spend, u can have performance and looks
blackops032
BANNED Member

Post by blackops032 »

but soething in between or have a friend let you borrow his for a drive. see if you like them. you have little tire so the ride will get choppier with the lower profile tire you use

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”