New owner and have questions

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
insane_clown_killer

New owner and have questions

Post by insane_clown_killer »

Ok I had asked about the motor being an interferance motor but after removing the head I realized that it didnt matter because a valve head got loose in the engine and had its way with the head and piston:( so the motor is blown done gone finito(SP?). So I have been reading my chilton manuel and the forms and here is my question. I desperately want a turbo and it looks like in the chilton manuel the mazda 323 1.8 dohc motor would "drop in" with out much modification is this true? Will the transmission from the 1.6 sohc that was in my car work for this new motor? I plan to use a stand alone what other things am i forgetting that I would need? Thank you in advance for the information that you can hopefully provide me with. (I have searched but I can't seem to find much information on it)
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Re: New owner and have questions

Post by monty73741 »

do a serch for bp swap

jaosn
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

yeah what he said. info all there its like being ask the same ? over and over again u know how that gets.

or look at my worklog.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”