ThermoBlok Kit

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
golhap27
BANNED Member

ThermoBlok Kit

Post by golhap27 »

I was looking at the outlaw engineering thermoblok kit from a link on this site and i was wondering if It would work as well as it says. It seems like an easy hp upgrade for only 105$ It replaces the stock intake manifold and throttlebody gaskets and cools them down by 35 degrees and it says it will add around 10hp and 12.5lb of torque

what do you all think? or if you have it does it work?
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I know it will not acutally ADD hp. What it does is keep the intake cooler than stock. The hotter the incoming air the less HP you have and so keeping it cooler does not add HP in my opinion, it just keeps it from decreasing as much when the engine warms up. I use them and think they work well. I did not notice any difference in power after installing them, but even if they did add 10HP it wouldn't be enough to feel.
That said, I think they are worth the money.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
ruthless_mx3

Post by ruthless_mx3 »

Like patdiesel said it won't really add HP but is more like a HP loss preventer. They do keep the mani cooler for sure. I now have the inverted cf hood that makes for some nice airflow in the engine compartment. With the extra airflow and spacers, the mani stays cool enough to hold your hand on it even after hours of hard driving. No way in hell was that possible b4. Just like other small upgrades, its not the individual upgrade, its all the upgrades together that makes the difference.
93 MX3 GS SE KLZE -- RIP May 1, 2011
14.007 @ 98.46 1.991 60ft -- the only time she made it to the 1/4 :(

92 MX3 GS aka Goldmember - I'm trying to keep the legend going and as always credit to Andy for starting the legend ;)
sc61 currently @ 8 psi, wiseco 10:1 pistons, K1 rods, ported ze heads w/ kl31 cams
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Just like other small upgrades, its not the individual upgrade, its all the upgrades together that makes the difference.
Well said. BTW Ruthless, your car's color looks really nice. props.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”