shifter fell through??????

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
azkcar135

shifter fell through??????

Post by azkcar135 »

my shifter fell through the floor the only thing keeping it from hitting the ground is the exhaust!!! whats a simple fix for this?? also need some part numbers please. egr sensor and intake temp sensor thank you
new to mx-3, just bought one 1992 gs $900 good deal or not?
twoie

Post by twoie »

do a search because there is someone on here that makes a little bracket to fix your problem. Sorry I can't remember who it is, but should be easy to figure it out.

twoie
azkcar135

Post by azkcar135 »

i tried searching couldn't find anything with my situation. maybe i'll just rig it fow now
twoie

Post by twoie »

96mx-3

Post by 96mx-3 »

it use to happen to me but i changed to short throw...and when it fell through put it in neutral and yank up mine hasnt fallen out sence... you could prolly use strapping or sumthin ...
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

if you don't want to do a third party fix, i seem to recall someone saying that you can buy that rubber donut from mazda for pretty cheap, and it's good as new for anohter 10 years
azkcar135

Post by azkcar135 »

thanks guys i'll have to look into it. this mazda has been nothing but problems for me thing runs like crap gets even worse gas mileage!! can't wait to get rid of it!!! plus i'm in guam and that doen't help getting parts no one has them!!!!
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

thanks guys i'll have to look into it. this mazda has been nothing but problems for me thing runs like crap gets even worse gas mileage!! can't wait to get rid of it!!! plus i'm in guam and that doen't help getting parts no one has them!!!!
No offense man.. but you did buy it for only $900. You likely got a car that has not had its proper general maintenance. Now.. you could sell it as you implied you want to do and maybe get luckier with a different car.. or.. suck it up and do the maintenance. I know you said parts are hard to find there.. but maybe some of the folks on this site will ship to you.. ya never know till you try. I doubt you will find anything in the $900 price range thats in better shape.. especially in Guam. Best of luck what ever you decide to do.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
delpy32

Post by delpy32 »

there is like a plate where the 2 shift linkages come back and up to the shifter...i took my consol out and the plastic around the sihifter and went fromt under the car so i new that i wasnt going to hit anything... drilled a hole up through that plate and through the floor and put and bolt through the bottom and a nut and BID washer on the top...semms to be better than what it was before...the only way they are held in there from the factory is a couple clips from the bottom and they suck a$$...
mine is great with no interferience with anything...
hope this helps...
1992 mx-3, white, 1.6 sohc, 5 speed, custom: intake, interior and exhaust

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”