O2 sensor

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
kkyin

O2 sensor

Post by kkyin »

Any way I can test my O2 sensor without using that SST thing in the manual?
I got a code 24, and I did have acceleration problems (occassional jerking), so I'm suspecting a O2 problem. Want to make sure that it is the problem before buying anything.
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

I beleive you can check them with a regular voltmeter, not sure. Usually when it throws the code they should be replaced. It would help your miliage to replace them if they haven't been replaced ever anyway. I got mine HERE , 50 bucks each shipped to canada. Plug n play. work fine, came quick.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

If you're throwing an O2 code, reset the computer and drive a few more days. If the O2 sensor code comes back again, then definitely replace the appropriate O2 sensor.
kkyin

Post by kkyin »

a dumb question, is the right side means the front or the back?
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Thats where i got mine too! Its still sitting in my desk wrapped.. my car was trowing the code, reset the ecu and no more codes and its runnig fine? o.0 odd. Ill replace it when this crazy el paso weather gets better and I stop being lazy. (which is never)
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”