Xtreme vertical door company Q&A

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
bgracing

Post by bgracing »

Hey,

Yes, the 60 Degree is the practical point, unless you have the horizontal motion set to open far, as then you could get out with the door being at a much lower angle.

Playing with a stopwatch is a good idea, we prefer to have our customers informed so there are no surprises when they get our products.

Also, if you are ordering the 90 Degree Kit and still contemplating the powered kit, we will need to know 1 week before we ship the kit to you.

And lastly, when we get the test car, we will likely be getting a video of the power upgrade in action for everyone to see.

Thanks,
Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
Tempus

Post by Tempus »

Sorry to hear about the confusion with the deposits from the American half of the order. Hopefully you now have the deposits and work can commence.

We all eagerly await to hear news as things progress, and if you could take a moment of time now and then to keep us updated it would go a long ways I am sure towards appeasing anxieties.

Unless I miss my guess, the punchlist looks something like this:

0) deposits received.
1) get test car
2) test fit with universal part, take measurements once you know what works, make note of design changes needed.
2a) if time allows, snap a few pictures and post to web to appease the eager masses..
3) Use CAD software to modify (where necessary) copy of existing design to create custom fit part for MX-3. make printed paper parts etc to ensure design is (in theory) correct.
3a) if time allows post digital rendering of the custom parts
4) purchase necessary parts, raw metal stock, feed CAD design into CNC systems to machine first prototype. Assemble machined parts to create prototype.
5) test fit with prototype, make note of any revisions/alterations needed
5a) if time allows, snap a few pictures and post to web to appease the eager masses..
6) Repeat steps 3-5 as needed (either making new parts, or saving time by modifying the initial prototype if all that is needed is additional removal of metal)
7) shoot pictures & video of final part design on the test car, post on web via your own site or MX-3.com forums
8) Send first set of hinges to Jared for 'real world' test fitting and evaluation.
9) get approval from Jared. and finalize group buy orders (in case anyone wants to upgrade from 60deg to 90 degree, or to powered kit)
10) purchase needed materials and commence production for group buy orders.
11) collect balance of funds from group buy members
12) ship hinges
{sigh} Time to move on
Out with the old: Tropical Emerald MX-3 GSR (KL-DE)
In with the new: Phantom Blue Mazda3s GT
bgracing

Post by bgracing »

Hey,

Thanks, and every thing will get worked out and then we will get these kits done for everyone. We will definetly be taking pictures and posting them so that everyone can follow along with the progress.

And your list is pretty accurate. We will be making a template first of what the kit should look like to ensure correct fitment, then this template will be input into both AutoCAD 2007 and AutoDesk Inventor 10 (Inventor will allow us to post a 3D rendering on this site of the new kit, as well as allow us to test the motion and make sure everything functions as it should). We can then overlay this file onto our existing 90 Degree Kit to see what changes need to be made. The AutoCAD file will then be inputted into the CNC Machine and a Prototype will be cut. The prototype will then be installed and tested to ensure ease of installation as well as to again make sure it functions as it should.

Then once the prototype is installed we will take A LOT of pictures as well as some video to post on this site so that everyone can see the kit in Action. Then, once prototype has been approved by us (Fitment, Function, and Look) we will make One "Production Model" Kit and send it to Jarid for testing. This kit will need to be installed as soon as it arrives so that we can commence with the other kits so that everyone receives their products.

Once he gives it the ok, the final kits will be put into production. Once the kits are done, we will then collect the remainder of the funds and once these are in, the kits will be shipped out to everyone that ordered them.

So to Summarize, Once the deposits are cleared the order of events will go as follows.

1)Designing of Prototype begins, the prototype will be designed, manufactured, and then installed to insure fitment. Any final changes will then be made to the kit if needed. (2 weeks)
2) Then one "Production Kit" will be made and sent to Jarid for Inspection / Installation. This will take a few days on top of the 2 weeks to get the One Kit made as the original plan was to have all kits manufactured after the Prototype had been designed and fitted. But since we are now instead making one kit and sending it to Jarid, there will be a delay as we wait for him to get it installed and for his feedback.
3) Once we have heard from Jarid regarding the kit, we will run the final production kits needed for the group buy. When these are completed. We will collect the remainder of the funds and then ship out the kits.

Again, we will be posting A LOT of pictures as well as video so that everyone is not left hanging as to the progress of these kits.

We at Xtreme-Doors look forward to seeing all of your MX-3's with the Xtreme-Doors Kits installed.

Thanks,
Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
Tempus

Post by Tempus »

heh Love to see what people can do these days with CAD software.

A decade ago, I had spent nearly a decade of my life in that industry, Starting with Generic CADD (made by 'Generic Software') and then some 7 years with Autodesk after they bought out Generic Software.

Pretty amazing to see where the product has gone since the days I worked with it
{sigh} Time to move on
Out with the old: Tropical Emerald MX-3 GSR (KL-DE)
In with the new: Phantom Blue Mazda3s GT
bgracing

Post by bgracing »

I agree, the programs have come a long way, and some really impressive things can be done with them. We use AutoCAD for our backing plates and any other 2D parts, then we use Inventor to design all our 3D parts and to make our 3D renderings of our kits.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

money is sitting and waiting for kyle. And so the process begins!!
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
bgracing

Post by bgracing »

Hey,

The deposits have been received, let the design process begin.

Thanks,
Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
Spotted

Post by Spotted »

Quick question:
Is there any possibility that you can add options to these kits? Like adding the door popper kit to the non-motorized kits or just a basic door popping kit that can be incorporated into an existing alarm?
I might be interested in a door popping kit but with the 90 degree kit non motorized and I already have an alarm that includes remote start and has room for 3 more options. I intended to include a door poping option. Picking one up in the GB would be IDEAL!!!
Might anyone else be interested in this option?
:welder:
o0loopy0o

Post by o0loopy0o »

I would be
bgracing

Post by bgracing »

Hey,

We definetly could allow options such as Door Popper kits to be added to the Kits in the group buy. The pricing is as follows:

Door Popper Kit with Remote : $150
Door Popper Kit without Remote : $100

These kits come with everything you will need to install the Door Popper Kit. I will post more information later tonight.

Thanks,
Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
Spotted

Post by Spotted »

So the kits would includ:

7) One Deluxe 7 Channel Shaved Door Kit which comes with 40lb Solenoids, DP-3 Door Poppers, Billet Door Looms and Emergency Door Release Cable.

and a variation of thsi kit would include everything but the 7 channel remote?
I am really interested in the Emergency Door Relase Cable
:welder:
bgracing

Post by bgracing »

Hey,

That is correct, the only difference between the two systems is one comes with the remote, and the other does not. And the Emergency Door Release Cable is a great feature to have.

Thanks,
Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
bgracing

Post by bgracing »

Hey Everyone,

Well the design process is underway and we are very busy so I only have time to upload a 3D rendering of what the Bolt On 90 Degree kits will look like, Keep in mind that this design is not final, and the prototype will not have the slots cut in to it as shown. Those were added in just to give you an idea of what the mounting areas will look like. This will be the only Bolt-On 90 Degree System out there for the MX-3 that is actually made specifically for the MX-3.

I will have a 3D rendering of the Non-90 Degree Kits very soon, as well as pictures of the actual kits soon. Thanks again to everyone who is participating in this group buy.

Thanks,
Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Is this a pic of the whole hinge?
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
bgracing

Post by bgracing »

Yes it is, except it is missing the Door Mounts, possible spacer plates, ball studs, gas shocks, and any bolts it needs.

Again, just a 3D rendering of what the finish design will resemble.

Thanks,
Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors

Return to “Appearance”