Best Suspension set up for the price

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
mowambi

Best Suspension set up for the price

Post by mowambi »

Soo... I just picked up a 1992 mx-3 GS and put some KYB GR2 struts in the rear and they are pretty stiff with the stock springs, but not quite what i was looking for. I CANT FIND ANYTHING as far as sway bars are concerned for the front which is what i really want. Does anyone know like all around from head to toe what i can get for a decent price. I want to do SOLO 2's and i never knew this car existed til i bought it. Ive done some pretty extensive searching on the forums but nothing that i know compliments the other.

I was looking at All four corners that are low and STIFF i want to touch the wheel and get a reaction with out the bodyroll.... Right now other then the rear struts everything is stock and at 152k.... Ohh new ball joints, tie rod ends, and i think the front sway bar end links are in desperate need of replaceing so i kinda want to do the whole thing. Any help in that matter will be helpful.

Ohh before i get flamed, i searched and searched and searched... i could only find arguments that didnt make sense and dead links...
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

First of you should have picked something else than Kyb GR-2`s if you want to do Solo 2`s.....

Get all the suspension bushings from Super Pro.
Koni (or ZX2 strut kit from Ford Motorsport $140 for 4!)
Ground control coiloverkit
Whiteline rear swaybar

Also get some decent brakes, Brembo blanks + Porterfield R4 pads.
Goodridge ss brakelines
Also, you`d be very happy with some lightweight 15`s.

-n
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
mowambi

Post by mowambi »

thanks nope,

I put them on the list, im a little confused on how the dropzones work... Also what about the front sway bar?
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

mowambi wrote:thanks nope,

I put them on the list, im a little confused on how the dropzones work... Also what about the front sway bar?
You definitely DONT want dropzones. They are total utter crap.

Front swaybar doesn`t exist. Mazdaspeed used to make one, but thats discontinued for several years.
Either way, you dont want a big swaybar up front, as that will only increase understeer.

-n
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
mowambi

Post by mowambi »

So i will look into the ground controls, I know the end link in the front is shot, or is in very BAD condition. Anywhere you know where i can find the replacements for that?
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

I've seen some on Ebay for a reasonable price before, but I got mine straight from the dealership. Pricey but you know you got the right one that way.
Cody
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

I had dropzones on my Mx-3, and technically still do.. :lol:

They ride great and i would buy them again. Groundcontrols are overpriced...and even if u get a great deal quailty and ride are almost identical to me.
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
mowambi

Post by mowambi »

Im not to familiar with these two products, and i cant find to much information on them, i found a link searching the forums but its dead. I dont know how these things assemble.
facko

Post by facko »

groundcontrols and dropzones are both lowering springs, the GC's are the expensive eibach brand springs and dropzones are cheaper springs that are all over ebay. if u dont kno how to get springs on ur car u might want to do a lot more research, get some friends who know what to do, or get some money ready to pay a professional :P
mowambi

Post by mowambi »

I did my kyb's what i was confused about is how the coilover system is installed. I have done a bunch of struts. From what i understand...

The coilover gets installed ontop of the strut and replaces the spring on the strut. The little plates are what makes it adjustable. What i didnt understand is, what are helper springs? It looks like on some pictures they have two sets of springs on a single strut. Now the regular springs are cut? replaced... thats all im confused about. I am very mechanically inclined when its in front of me, but i cant seem to find any decent pictures or explanations.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”