New Brakes

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Custom_V6_Limited_SE

New Brakes

Post by Custom_V6_Limited_SE »

I finally replaced my front brakes. The old ones were in terrible condition (unevenly worn, completely worn, partially broken...). So, I put on new rotors, remanufactured calipers, and Hawk Performance HP-Plus pads. Let me tell you, the brakes are not the weak link anymore. I can lock up the wheels from 5 or 10 mph. They are much more precise and predictable/controlable than before. I'm thinking about getting wider wheels in the future for better traction and less under-steer. I'm still waiting for CorkSport to get me my GoodRidge G-Stop Brake Line kit. Then my brakes will be about as good as they can get.

It's kind of funny how much more comfortable I feel driving with my new brakes. I can be going 100mph and not worry about hitting something from a side road ahead...because I know I can stop by the time I get to it (Tested 100-0...rediculously rapid decelleration). I'm talking about country roads by the way; not residential/city roads. I'm almost worried that the front of the car is going to scrape the road or a wheel...suspension will be one of my future upgrades.
'93 MX-3 GS SE:My Mods
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

You dont have ABS on your GS?
I thought ABS was standard on the Mx-3.

-n
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

Nope, it definitely wasn't standard on the 92 Canadian model, cause I don't have it either. I think it was standard on the SE and maybe after that, I think they list it somewhere on the main mx-3.com page.

Anyway, Custom, thanks for posting that. It's exactly what I was hoping to see when I came on tonight, as I've been thinking about what I need to do to my car before I can do what I want to do to my car (you know, safety first).
Cody
Custom_V6_Limited_SE

I think ABS was an option on the SEs too. I don't have ABS... I have only seen one or two mx-3s with ABS. Doesn't really matter though; your gonna stop with or without them on this car :lol: .

Warning: Users of Hawk brake pads often experience a condition that has become known as RDS (Rapid Decelleration Syndrome). Use at your own risk.

Just installed all of the SRD shifter bushings (regular + 3rd link) and extension arm bushing last night. Let me tell you, the extension arm bushing is a real PITA; however, the job is done and my shifting setup is awesome with those and the B&M short shifter (47% throw reduction). :2thumbsup:
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

Strange, the European models all had ABS as far as I have seen.
I know my 92 GS has it atleast. (is it just to pull the fuse to turn it of, or will that create error codes?)

-n
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
Custom_V6_Limited_SE

GoodRidge G-Stop Brake Line Kit installed. :D
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

I dont have ABS on my SE either
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”