What is your oil pressure readings?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

dude i put that guage on... it worked so bad a-- untill the car got to regular temperature... then the hose melted... then...royal purple all over... then.. i was mad...alot of money flushed away that day... but yeah those readings are accurate
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Well that would account for a good bit of difference. I idle at about 11-1300. 600 is too low for me with the mods and the way it is tuned.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
ryan_Fuerte

Post by ryan_Fuerte »

hey pat,

you think i should bump up the idle a bit, just so it keeps a bit more pressure, because at 1300 it makes like 25psi. Or since its idling there is not much stress on the engine, and a need for that much lubrication so it would be fine?
Mx-3 GSr : Rebuilt klde with 5spd swap, xtd stage 3 clutch, Magnaflow dual exhaust,Accord custom intake, kyb gr2 struts with eibach springs, civic dual halo projectors, black altezzas, white 15'' oz rims, rolling on dunlop street slicks.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2400330
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

Idle is th hardest time on your car b/c of the lower oil pressures not keeping a good flow of oil. I use a higher idle b/c my car doesn't always catch the idle and it will from time to time die when I set it below 1000. So, it is ok to use a higher idle. It is a bit better on the engine, but uses more gas. just above 1000 is a fine spot. I would like an 1100 rPM idle, but it is hard to get it just where you want it.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
93_MX3 GS

Post by 93_MX3 GS »

PWRD_BY_HKS wrote:dude i put that guage on... it worked so bad a-- untill the car got to regular temperature... then the hose melted... then...royal purple all over... then.. i was mad...alot of money flushed away that day... but yeah those readings are accurate

witch ? the iequus 1.5" mech oil pressure guage with the cheap arse clear nylon tube that they expect you to run when its all curled up!@! i never installed hooked mine up yet cuz i was skeptical of that ..and now they offer a copper tube upgrade! im tryin to get ahold of that or just some 1/8" od. :)
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

The AutoMeter uses nylon tubing too and I've never had trouble with it. It did leak at the pressure sending unit next to the block, but that was my installation error. The tubing can be a PITA to unravel and get to flow straight, but heat it with a hair dyer on low heat and it should relax.
Note- you should always use some wire ties to hold the tubing in place so that it stays away from the fans and other moving parts. A strap about 6-8 inches is good.
Note- the mechanical guages are dangerous. If they leak oil into the cabin it can catch fire and good luck putting it out. Your whole car could end up melted trash b/c of a 50 dollar guage. I suggest returning any mechanical oil pressure guage and getting the electronic one if you can. It is not that much more expensive and well worth the extra safety. Also, the mechanical oil pressure guages are not meant for inside the car b/c of the fire hazard. They don't say that, but it is supposed to be an unspoken rule. The mechanical oil guages are meant for the engine bay only.
93_MX3 GS

Post by 93_MX3 GS »

AIEEEE!! Are u using the autometer one rite now ?? inside the cabin? hmm thats a good idea to use some heat on the tube , but yea that would suck if it ended up leaking inside or catching fire,, :shock: mabe i should try to find a small 1.5" , elec oil press gauge to swap it up with! thanks good info :)
JM1EC-V6

Post by JM1EC-V6 »

Autometer phantom short sweep electric
1994 K8 178 000km
Mobil1 10w30

22psi@750rpm, hot.
'94 Mx-3 GS-R SE, KL-ZE Interprep. (From '96 PGT KL)
1110Kg
-Interprep KL31 Spec.
ported heads, Polished combustion chamber,3 angle vlv job,10.3:1 C.R.,0.020'' O.S.,KL31 cam,-0.007'' heads,Long neck IM,KL31 TB, Hotshot headers,2.25'' exhaust,Magnaflow cat
ImageImageImage
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

YEah... its an AUTOMETER.... i bought the copper one also .... but to my surprise it didnt reach from the sending unit to the guage so... i gave up on it untill i have time again
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”