And another hector went to the drags thread

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
hgallegos915

And another hector went to the drags thread

Post by hgallegos915 »

Lose: Rsx type s stock with a muffler lost by a car and a half.

Win:

h22 prelude = around 4 cars.
b18non vtec civic hatch around 2 cars.
Cobalt SS supercharged = 4 cars
Acura integra b18 with bad compression = 5 cars
Acura integra b18 with bolt ons 4 cars.
Grand prix SS one car
New k20 ivtec civic = won by a fender :S
mitsubishi 3000 gt v6 dohc, won by 3 cars
eclipse gs like 4 cars and he lost his muffler.
yellow focuz svt 2.0? won by alot of car lenghts..

sorry not that many videos.. I did record me against the h22.
Ill post it later on tomorrow
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

Where are the times? And how does one lose a muffler?
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Maybe instead of racing for pinks in Texas, they race for mufflers.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
jdMx-3KID

Post by jdMx-3KID »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:Maybe instead of racing for pinks in Texas, they race for mufflers.
i will have to talk to my fellow mexicans about that
FORMALLY KNOWN AS PWRD_BY_HKS....
ZE POWERED MX TO THE THIRD
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

mm lookin GOOD. Nice to see you creamed that H22 Lude.

Oh, one thing. why didn't you just post this in your old thread and change the topic name? Just out of curiosity. make things abit more orginized i dunno.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I think i should do that.. lol I dont know how or why he lost his muffler.. he seemd to have it back on in later races.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
koreanmx-er

Post by koreanmx-er »

im gonna raise the bs flag on this one, first off there is no such thing as a grand prix ss , and i doubt you beat the cobalt ss as those run low 14's all day long, also post your times for all the corresponding races, and then the bs flag may be taken down.......
sold the mx-3 , bought 04 gtp comp g , from the smallest v6 to one of the biggest 3800 s/c FTW
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

ive never known hec to lie on here, nice goin hec keep smoken em
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

there are no times on sundays. We are at over 3000 elevation. Its grand prix GTP and it was ss. The cobalts were both stock.. those cars suck period... I got the video on youtube its posted on the vids section. The ss we were dead even but at the end vris won. I was gutted too. I am going to the dyno in 2 weeks so ill post it up. I dont know why its hard to believe... cobalts do NOT run low 14s tho.. the modded ones yeah.. also got the video of the h22 prelude i beat.

*edit*

Ok stock ones do 14.8 stock AT sea level. At 3000 feet i guess like low 15s. Im at around 14.9- 14.7 at 3000 feet.
-hec

V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

with forced induction it doesnt matter if your sea level or not because it's forced induction you get the same amount of air no matter where u r, that's why it is so great same power all the time. NA matters at diff elevation because of air density.
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

V8KOMX3 wrote:with forced induction it doesnt matter if your sea level or not because it's forced induction you get the same amount of air no matter where u r, that's why it is so great same power all the time. NA matters at diff elevation because of air density.
I would think it would matter for boosted cars also, just not as much. The turbo would have to work harder because the air its trying to grab(inducer) is alot less dense. Just the way i see it. I mean in the end your still running what PSI u want but it might take a fraction of a sec longer to build the boost.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:Maybe instead of racing for pinks in Texas, they race for mufflers.
lol
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I went again today.. iw as dead even with a cobalt ss.. why? um no vris HAHA i didnt notice I had no vris all night until the end. I ended up racing a new white civic k20 and won by like 2 cars. I beat a stock rx8 twice without vris.
-hec

PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

XxantwawnxX wrote:
V8KOMX3 wrote:with forced induction it doesnt matter if your sea level or not because it's forced induction you get the same amount of air no matter where u r, that's why it is so great same power all the time. NA matters at diff elevation because of air density.
I would think it would matter for boosted cars also, just not as much. The turbo would have to work harder because the air its trying to grab(inducer) is alot less dense. Just the way i see it. I mean in the end your still running what PSI u want but it might take a fraction of a sec longer to build the boost.
yeah im not sure but think if you run a time here in el paso and then you go to canada where you guys are...it will be different .... reguardless of boost or NA....it would just make more sense that way
MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

Cobalt SS's are very underestimated cars .. The stock engine is capable of handling 550hp . Chevy built a budget racer that was killing silvias and skylines around the track ..
93 Kandy Tangerine Mx3 GS-DE
05 Saab 9-2x (Wrx power plant)
02 Subaru Impreza OBS
05 Subaru forester Xt - sti mods
04 dodge ram - toy hauler -FOR SALE
& Lots of Toys to haul :D

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”