Where to go from here.

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
pressomaz

Where to go from here.

Post by pressomaz »

Hi guys , I posted about this some time ago about my cooling system and i know there are a few threads around about it but i guess everybody's problem can be different. Ok story is water pump started leaking , so booked it in to have it all done , during the time i was saving to have this done engine started dumping coolant into reservoir , To cut a long story short have just got car back from garage they have done the water pump idlers etc, new thermostat , radiator is only 9 months old but i got that flushed and flow tested and everything is fine. when car is warm heater is blowing nice hot air.

ok couple of questions , when the car is hot should the hose coming from the motor to the top of the radiator be pressurized ?? , this does not seem to be the case when my engine is hot and running. The hose is not collapsed or anything like that so there is no blockage. Oh the garage also did a hydro carbon test to make sure head gasket was not blown before going on and doing the cam belt water pump etc.

Another question is configuration of the caps. Should this cap here.

be this type of cap

to me i would have thought it should have been this type of cap.

and should this cap

be this cap

or this cap

maybe i have the caps around the wrong way , i dunno this has me confused and nobody seems to know what. Last time i tried swapping the caps around and putting the cap with the spring on it on the radiator (that leads to the reservoir) the system became so pressurized it blew the hose from the motor to the radiator. (it was a new cap i put in there as well)

I just spent $1200 getting all this work done and i am still no where better off. Thing is the temp gauge still never rises above middle where it normally sits.

Anybody have any idea on where to go from here ??????.[/list]

Please excuse the rust looking color on the caps the pics were taken before i got all the work done and every thing is all nice and clean now.

Oh also after dumping the coolant it sucks it back into the radiator again , buggered if i know maybe this is how it all works , just can't remember it doing this before.
hharb

Post by hharb »

ok, i cant help u with anything, but i can tell u what my caps look like. the one on he left (if you're facing the engine) is the one with the little handle thingies around it, the one on the right is flat round nothing poping out of the sides. at least thats the way my caps are. the cap you have on the right doesnt look like the ones i have on both my cars, i'm not sure if that matters, but yeah your caps look pretty rusty and dead, try and replace them.
pressomaz

Post by pressomaz »

Yup i have already replaced both caps before the work was done on the motor , i just want to make sure the caps are on the right way.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”