New time 15.4 haha

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
hgallegos915

New time 15.4 haha

Post by hgallegos915 »

haha oh well that sucks.. i dunno whats wrong but im tires its runnigngood for me as a daily driver.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Limegreen mx-3

Re: New time 15.4 haha

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

[quote="hgallegos915"]haha oh well that sucks.. i dunno whats wrong but im tires its runnigngood for me as a daily driver.[/quote]

I need to go to EP and bust some a$$
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

yea 15.4 is not good for a klze mx3, with my NA klze mx3 i ran a 14.2. and i think u have more mods then i had at the time. i did not have the light fly wheel.

maybe u have a kl03....

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

thatd even be horrible time for a DE lol i was bone stock DE except intake and i ran 15.1@92.6 EASY with bad launching...
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

problem found hehe idle screw was closed almost all the way .. it would die when i would ground ten and grn but now it does it the kick is back. Ecu - no codes. Possibly worn o2 sensors tho. rear mount is GONE .. metal to metal.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

guys don't forget EL PASO is sort of high above sea level.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Limegreen mx-3 wrote:guys don't forget EL PASO is sort of high above sea level.
oh yea that explains some, i never think of where people live haha

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Went again and i seem to have fixed the issues.. my trap speedd is back to around 92 mph. Before it was around 85 eh and 80s.. I adjusted the idle screw and tps. Ran against integra gsr, 2 tiburons and one turbo cavalier ( he broke down in the race)

I challenged 3 acura rsx.. two of them being type s.. and they didnt wanna run.. boo!
-hec

cduBBz'915

Post by cduBBz'915 »

damn hec nice to see you eating up those HONDA's! lol
Curtiss Denson

93' soon to be BP Powered!! with added goodies.......
(coming June '08)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/349197
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

[quote="cduBBz'915"]damn hec nice to see you eating up those HONDA's! lol[/quote]

just wait till i take my trip up there in march/april.
Gabor

Post by Gabor »

when the track wel be open?
i vana see how fast is my car.
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

Gabor wrote:when the track wel be open?
i vana see how fast is my car.
get slicks and learn to drive u should be in the 12's lol
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

Slicks.... :laugh:

I'm going for mid 10's on street tires...turbo only....seriously.

Raced a busa 1/6th mile and he only had 3 cars on me. Raced a pro dirt track car (tube framed, open sheet metal body, alcohol fuel) same distance and he only had the 3 cars he pulled on me out of the hole. I was only running 22psi with a slipping clutch and a open diff. The clutch wouldn't even hold when I hit 3rd gear (had a rated capacity of 485lb/ft torque. and I was bearly slipping it long before it finaly wore out).

The new setup is in now...ditched the 23lb stock Pro-LX flywheel for a 9lb SPEC. Upgraded the pressure plate to a 2300lb with same 3 puck copper/metallic sprung hub disc (new capacity of 600lb/ft torque). Also finally installed the Mazdaspeed LSD....it is a SICK ride now! Making a new throttle cable bracket now as my lead foot broke my old aluminum adapter :wink: Time to crank the boost back up and dial it in....looking to go to the dyno by the end of next month.

Later this year looking to put the cage and bottle in...we're going for the street class record books if I can come up with the parts. I'm currently looking at to SPEC for a custom multidisc setup this summer to hold it. :wink:

Current estimated ET on street tires, pump gas, 22psi.....10.70's at 130+mph :freak:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Weyers Cave, Virginia, eh? Where do you go race? I'm working in Midlothian for the next while. Dont have the Mx-3 with me, she's in winter storage back at home, but I'm hoping to bring her down when she's all fixed up and ready sometime i spring, i hope. It's about 2 hours from here, i'd love to come check out your car.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

Let me know when your out this way, we can arange something. I usually run at East Side, or Natural Bridge. This year I'm hoping to make it to VMP (Virginia Motorsports Park in Dinwiddie, VA) & MIR (Maryland International Raceway) and possibly...hopefully a few more.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”