Let's see your engine bays!!

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
Ice Racing

Bay Pic

Post by Ice Racing »

Picture from yestersday morning

Building a race car is a lot of work...
Last edited by Ice Racing on February 4th, 2007, 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GS KLZE FOR ICE RACING
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

argh, I would love to repaint my engine bay. The white is starting to look kinda bad... Nice bright red.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
neutral
Supporting Member

Re: Bay Pic

Post by neutral »

Ice Racing wrote:Picture from yestersday morning

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q295 ... G_0037.jpg

Building a race car is a lot of work...
That is gonna look great! Be sure to post the finished bay when it all goes back in. :2thumbsup:
Image -Jim
Ice Racing

engine bay

Post by Ice Racing »

We did blue brake booster, fuel bracket,subframe,... it will all be done by friday afternoon. Keep posted.
GS KLZE FOR ICE RACING
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

PATDIESEL wrote:argh, I would love to repaint my engine bay. The white is starting to look kinda bad... Nice bright red.
But white is the best color to have on the engine bay.
Any leak is spotted on the spot :wink:
K8 :: 136.8 bhp---160 nm---108.0 whp---118lbs/torque
ET: 15.567 @ 136 kmh (84 mph)
"Racing a Honda is like being in the special Olympics, you may win, but in the end your still retarded."
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

True, but it is also the easiest to get dirty and show scratches. Thus my engine bay looks well used. The paint is yellowing and will not come clean anymore, there are scratches from wrenches and engines and trannys coming out, spills that have gotten in cracks that I cannot reach to clean and all manner or other stuff that I'd like to get new looking one day.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Heres mine currently

sold the heads and cams. lol that pic was takin a month ago and that coolant was left in the cylinders like that..I don't acre i'm getting a new ze
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
TREVO123

Post by TREVO123 »

Ouch, Thats gotta suck!Props to alantamx3 his engine bay is nice and is set as my desktop :P
TREVO-Under major construction, Bp coming soon! TO a mx3 near you
1993 MX-3 RS,FULL BLITZ KIT(PROTOTYPE)17"10 SPOKE RIMS,SOHC 1.6L.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2189811
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Tunes67 wrote:I thought KLZE engines had flat top pistons?
Tunes67
:shock: Eric, they are flat in the pics.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

John.. You must have never seen a true flat top piston.. those pistons have valve recesses. Hence my confusion.. I had read numerous times on here that the ZE pistons were flat top compared to dished.. I have seen both types of pistons from other engines and neither had valve recesses like those "Flat Top" ZE pistons. After a bit more research once seeing this thread.. I now know what folks here are calling flat top ;)

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
dewthis

Post by dewthis »

Here's mine..
65 shot > V8
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

beautiful!
Image -Jim
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

TREVO123 wrote:Ouch, Thats gotta suck!Props to alantamx3 his engine bay is nice and is set as my desktop :P
Yay!

:D
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Tunes67 wrote:John.. You must have never seen a true flat top piston.. those pistons have valve recesses. Hence my confusion.. I had read numerous times on here that the ZE pistons were flat top compared to dished.. I have seen both types of pistons from other engines and neither had valve recesses like those "Flat Top" ZE pistons. After a bit more research once seeing this thread.. I now know what folks here are calling flat top ;)

Tunes67
Post pic of the "true flat top" because ive only seen dished and these.... unless the others where aftermarket.. those ARE flat top..
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

hgallegos915 wrote:
Tunes67 wrote:John.. You must have never seen a true flat top piston.. those pistons have valve recesses. Hence my confusion.. I had read numerous times on here that the ZE pistons were flat top compared to dished.. I have seen both types of pistons from other engines and neither had valve recesses like those "Flat Top" ZE pistons. After a bit more research once seeing this thread.. I now know what folks here are calling flat top ;)

Tunes67
Post pic of the "true flat top" because ive only seen dished and these.... unless the others where aftermarket.. those ARE flat top..
This is what a true flat top piston looks like. There are alot of cars out there with these. I know Cavalier and Sunfire have them. I know because my brother has a Sunfire Gt and it has them.

the ZE ones are not completly flat like those. But ther ae refered to as flat if yo see how the DE has the dome in the middle
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”