distributor model #?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
92MX3black

distributor model #?

Post by 92MX3black »

i bought a new distributor from Napa after having no luck with finding one in a junkyard. But anyways what i want to know is did they give me the right one?
I have a 1992 Mazda MX-3 1.8 6 cylinder. The napa part # on the receipt is 9541303. And the markings off my old distributor say KL01
than a line under that says TOT57071. Can any one help me on this. If you want to look at the napa website it is napaonline.com
stereoking15

Post by stereoking15 »

first of all what is the line code on that? i do not recognize the number almost seems like a ba or beck arnley #. i have worked for napa for some time. you do not want that distributor get one that is made by A1 rebuilders which are usually a 58-number i had some difficulties getting the right one for my mx3 because they make 2 different ones. one with a large distributor rotor mount measures something like .515 and the other one is more like .465 and i also found out that i had one with a mismatched cam side housing too big to fit inside head so don't get a cheap distributor you will regret it! just a couple of things of suggestion.
94 gs ze swapped,front mount oil cooler,b&g springs, kyb gr2 struts, vris deleted, gutted, racing 4 point harness. centerforce dual friction clutch, BREMBO ROTORS X4, CARBOTECH XP10 front pads, ebc green stuff rear PADS, corksport brake lines & clutch line, hei mod w/ msd blaster 3, MAZDASPEED motor mounts, B&M short shifter, M-FACTORY LSD, Carbon fiber hatch with lexan window.
92MX3black

Post by 92MX3black »

i think napa only had the 2 distys. one with the smaller rotor and 1 with the bigger rotor. I gave him the # off my old one and they ordered this new disty for me. Now yesterday after i posted i took a q-tip and cleaned out the hole near the rotor side and noticed my old distys hole looks bigger than the new disty they gave me. Im assuming this is a problem. Correct me if im wrong.
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

no it's not. the only differnce between the two is like stereoking said -- the size of the rotor mount, ie how far the rotor sticks out from the distributor. jsut take your old one and compare it to the new one. if theyre the same, then its fine
92MX3black

Post by 92MX3black »

thanks for all your help.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”