is there a differense in stock headers????k8/kl01

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
PWRD_BY_HKS

is there a differense in stock headers????k8/kl01

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

just wanted to know, i know they are not performance headers but is there any difference at ALL betweent the kl01 header manifold from the k8 manifold
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

I don't believe they are any difference. The only difference I've seen is between the k8 rear exhaust manifold and the klze. The klze is bend differently but some have tested them and they flow all the same.
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Yes, there is a difference. The secondaries is the biggest difference IMO. On the rear secondary of the KL, there is a TIGHT 180 degree turn, whereas the K8 rear secondary makes a much more gradual turn around.

+1 for K8 Secondaries.

The logs themselves are pretty much the same performance wise. But the flanges come out at different angles, so don't expect them to mate up to the other system's secondaries.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

lakersfan1 wrote:Yes, there is a difference. The secondaries is the biggest difference IMO. On the rear secondary of the KL, there is a TIGHT 180 degree turn, whereas the K8 rear secondary makes a much more gradual turn around.

+1 for K8 Secondaries.

The logs themselves are pretty much the same performance wise. But the flanges come out at different angles, so don't expect them to mate up to the other system's secondaries.
true I forgot about the secondaries.
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
Spinkx79
Supporting Member

Post by Spinkx79 »

I remember reading on PT that the 97 KL logs were the best flowing of the KL's, but i have no idea how they compare to K8's.

Only reason i remember that is cause i have a set
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Spinkx79 wrote:I remember reading on PT that the 97 KL logs were the best flowing of the KL's, but i have no idea how they compare to K8's.

Only reason i remember that is cause i have a set
I don't know how that could be considering the 97's have pre-cats.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”