brake booster/boost question.

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
oh-hell

brake booster/boost question.

Post by oh-hell »

I understand the basics of how the brake booster works. My question is under boost am i dragging my brakes? If so how do you fix that?
[fs] 92 MX3 gs 2.5 klze v6, Intake, Exhaust,drop zone spring{awsome},Turbo, Splitfire plugs, fmu, gauges ,drilled slotted rotors ,motegi rims,tires,Blackout lights, and a nut behind the wheel~~ so far.
andy

Post by andy »

there is a check valve inline before the brake booster, unless its bad you don't need to worry about boosting it.

Andy P. 93 GS 1.8T
oh-hell

Post by oh-hell »

hey thanks, where do i find it to check it out, any chance its obvious or have a pic of it?
[fs] 92 MX3 gs 2.5 klze v6, Intake, Exhaust,drop zone spring{awsome},Turbo, Splitfire plugs, fmu, gauges ,drilled slotted rotors ,motegi rims,tires,Blackout lights, and a nut behind the wheel~~ so far.
andy

Post by andy »

it is inside the hose about midway. I think you would have to cut the hose to take it out. the hose diameter is about 3/4" and runs from your intake manifold to the brake booster. pinch the hose with your fingers, when you come to a spot that feels hard thats the valve.

Andy P. 93 GS 1.8 T
oh-hell

Post by oh-hell »

hey thanks
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

You can check the check valve by taking the tube off and blowing through one and and then the other. Air should only pass one way and not the other. Make sure you put it back on the right way or you loose power brakes. (don't ask how I know that, LOL)
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
oh-hell

Post by oh-hell »

um ok i wont ask but im sure same way i found out not to put my hand on the motor when im arking out the coil to see if its firing
valenzul

no brake boost

Post by valenzul »

Ok. I have the 1.8 BPT installed in my MX3. 1.6 SOHC originally. Saw this post.... I suddenly do not have good braking. Is there something that came off? Feels like I have to really put effort when braking.

-Val
oh-hell

Post by oh-hell »

possibly, its pritty straight forward . Check your metal lines behind the IM for leaks
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

are you running a check valve? i've heard of people ruining their master cylinder because they don't have a check valve so their master cylinder is getting boost pressure to it. something about a diaphram if i remember correctly.

anyways, on a related topic, does anyone know where you can buy a check valve that would work good (maybe an 8-10mm inlet and outlet). local parts stores don't have anything close to what i need. i'm currently running one with a smaller inlet/outlet and it makes a high pitched whistle when air passes through... just an annoyance.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."

Return to “Forced Induction”