Foggy altezas

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
mx3gtracer

Foggy altezas

Post by mx3gtracer »

My black altezzas fogged up the other day and they're not getting any better, I'm assuming the car wash caused it. Anyway, how do I get rid of this, will tiny vent holes help or do I have to take them apart and reseal them completely?
osargeant

Post by osargeant »

Drill a couple small holes in the altezzas so that air can get in and out and that will solve your problem, it worked for me. 8)
JSpec Turbo MX3 (1.6 DOHC)
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/310985

Port and Polished Head, Ported Intake Manifold, Valve Job, GTX Manifold, Hybrid Turbo, Cone Filter, 2.5" Exhaust, 2.5" Downpipe, ACT Street Clutch, Lightened Flywheel, MSD 6A Ignition, Boost Retard and SS Coil, Magnecor Plug Wires, Denso Iridium Plugs, UR Lightened Pulley, Spearco FMIC, Turbo XS BOV & MBC, BEGI RRFPR, Supra Injectors, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, Autometer Gauges, Pivot Shift Light
Boris

Post by Boris »

Won't drilling tiny holes in them allow water to enter in the future, which would create moisture and fog them up again? Not to mention possibly burn out ur bulb?
1993 1.6L SOHC. Mazdaspeed mounts, BP09 ECU, BP VAF, Fidanza miata flywheel, exedy miata pressure plate, centerforce mx3 disc, tokico struts, B&G lowering springs, and some sh***y motomaster tires.
osargeant

Post by osargeant »

Perhaps, all I know is that in my case and with several other persons the MX3 altezzas clouded/fogged up after a period of time and the only way that I could stop it was to drill holes. Since doing that I find even if they get fogged up, within a couple hours they are fine again.

What are the other guys on this board comments here?
JSpec Turbo MX3 (1.6 DOHC)
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/310985

Port and Polished Head, Ported Intake Manifold, Valve Job, GTX Manifold, Hybrid Turbo, Cone Filter, 2.5" Exhaust, 2.5" Downpipe, ACT Street Clutch, Lightened Flywheel, MSD 6A Ignition, Boost Retard and SS Coil, Magnecor Plug Wires, Denso Iridium Plugs, UR Lightened Pulley, Spearco FMIC, Turbo XS BOV & MBC, BEGI RRFPR, Supra Injectors, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, Autometer Gauges, Pivot Shift Light
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

Like osargeant said, holes on the bottom of the altezza's should clear up the fogging. i had chrome altezza's that i took apart to paint parts of them black as well as to tint the turn signal lense. I resealed the lense back on, as well as adding extra clear windshield silicon to the seams, and then 2 small holes drilled on the bottom of each. they rarely fog up now, but if they do, it generaly clears up pretty quickly.
Chris--It's HOTNESS, you wouldn't understand! -- Donate to MX-3.com--It'll make you feel good!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/colonelsmx3
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD Sedan
1987 Jeep Comanche

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”