Im stuck in the swap..sorta HELP

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
hgallegos915

Im stuck in the swap..sorta HELP

Post by hgallegos915 »

OK guys the egine fires up good, no white smoke ..i like it but

the AXLE or something of the sort is giving me problems... with the car on stands.. i TURN the passenger side axle and the ENGINE tilts a bit up and down.. up and down... specifically from the tran smission.. Pulled out the axle and inpsected for broken teeth..none, checked that round bearing in the middloe that bolts to the engine.. thats fine, opened up the inner boot and the lock was out..replaced and good to go.. that was not it. Im thinkinh its the bearing? now the axle itseld os SEIZED in the hub.. yes it spins and drives but it hops..?

Another thing that came to mind.. you know those two big PINS that hold the top motor mount? the ones on the ze was WAY longer.. like twice..I had to use 2 thick washers to get the screws to properly sit.. can it be that engine is lower that it should be? front mount sits good and so does rear mount.
When i disconnect BOTH screws from the struts..the engine doesnt jump when i turn it by hand.

Can it be a busted transmission? the axle seems to sit fine and it doesnt pop out from transmission. It just basically causes a driver side wheel hop. Could it ber a bad hub? we DID BANG the axle trying to get it off but it didnt move one millimeter..any ideas?
Last edited by hgallegos915 on September 11th, 2006, 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

umm..thats odd. You sure everything is tight. I'd say an engien mount but i don't even know if that would cause a problem like that. very odd.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

checked all mounts and they seem ok.. unless the top motor mount is sitting bad..even still... wont the car at least move right if that mount was gone? I did notice that the strut bar fits and still has clearance..i tought its not supposed to fit.. mount problem? for safeskeeping.. im changing the "mount suds" which these are WAY linger and getting the shorter ones and maybe that will lift engine a git and wont make transmission hop?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I didn;t have that issue as I used the MX mounts. You can take the timing cover off and use the MX mount, jsut remove the bolts that hold the engine side of the mount on and replace it with the MX one. You said something in an earlier post about modding the cross member. What did you do to it?
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

no i didnt do anything to the cross member. I had to take it out and out it back in toget the rear mount to fit. I guess it can be the top mount. The ze studs are twice as long but they run out of thread halfways so i had to fill em with spacers. Tomorrow we are swapping the studs they are shorter maybe that will make the engine lift more. :( im sad
-hec

hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

oh yeah., didnt someone mention that the millenia manifold and curved neck ze mani either hits the engine or doesnt fit without mod?.. because mine fits.. maybe theres something wrong in the mounts section?
-hec

Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

There are no fitment issues with the curved neck ZE/millenia manifolds. There may be slight rubbing on your hood though, but minimal.
RizzeRocket

Post by RizzeRocket »

you dont have to take the timing cover and all that off, you just heat the studs up and u can thread em out i ran into the same problem with the studs being too long and i didnt feel like tearing half the engine apart so i just removed the studs and swaped em, it worked well. Gotta have a thorch and wisegrips. watch out for the threads tho on the mx studs on the ze u can grabbed em below the treads so that shouldnt be a problem
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

well im inspecting the shaft and that thing just wont release with bearing.. wth.. anyone got ideas? torching maybe? it seems the movement comes from the cv joint..odd. I checked the mount and doesnt seem to be it.. the stock mount would fit same as ze one..

hey you with the same issue.. was your engine doing the same thing? as far as shaft not fitting properly?
-hec

hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

replacing entire spindle, its STUCK in axle and won t come out even if torched. Im sure we damaged it by hammering it before i had even taken it out. I hope. Also getting new shaft online with 7 years warranty, autozone doesnt seem to carry it. It sucks having a perfectly good running engine being the ze there and cant drive it. :( if thats not it.. then that means transmission is somehow oddly srewed.
-hec

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”