My friend is having some hard luck..

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
Franko
Supporting Member

My friend is having some hard luck..

Post by Franko »

My buddy had his car all prepared to be in Targa Newfoundland which he has been in the past few years and this year he really built the engine, CP pistons, eagle rods and a general freshening up. I tuned it for him with the crome sofware and the car was making sick power. So anyway, he had to get some power steering lines made up for the car since it hadent had power steering in some time. Brought it to a garage and had the lines made up, but when they were putting the pump back in place they had to move his boost controller. They took the line off his external wastegate so they could move it and when they put it back on they put it to the wrong nipple. One is just an atmosphereic reference for electronic boost controllers and the other actually opens the wastegate. Needless to say when he did a pull on the highway in the car the wastegate didnt open and as a result the turbo made whatever power it could. He was in fourth gear doing about 140 and the tires lit up on the car then BOOM! White smoke everywhere and the car instantly shut off. He probally saw 35 psi when the car is only supposed to take 10. It happened so fast there was nothing he could do, And this is what the result of that is.

Heres a vid of the car the first or second year they ran in targa. They dont know if the car is going to be done in time since it starts saturday.. but it is possible.
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
precidian

Post by precidian »

hopefully the shop is paying for all the damages that they caused.
Tom S. - '94 MX-3 GS-X Sparkle Green

I say, Ahmed. What is that thing you do when you're about to assassinate an infidel?
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

shitty.. ur friend seems paranoid in that video.. lol
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
wickedmx3

Post by wickedmx3 »

:shock: :( :cry:
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

haha, actually its his dad driving the thing but its my friends car.
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

precidian wrote:hopefully the shop is paying for all the damages that they caused.
I think so too
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
happyclown

Post by happyclown »

Wow, Targa looks awsome!

That really sucks that they messed up his car so bad. Were they just a generic auto shop, or a specialty shop that should not have made a mistake like that. They had better pay for that. Did they even tell him that they had to tamper with anything else run the powersteering lines? :roll:

Good luck to the both of you.
1993 RS Teal
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Wow....Shop better pay for that..That was a really nice setup!

Nice video. Although buddy needs to learn heel n toe.

John
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Snap! I never seen a broken sleeve before. :shock:

That's why you work on your own car, though. That's what he gets for not DIY. Shops are full of retards, and no retard is going to work on my car. Sorry.
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

He does do all his own work, The only thing is that he couldent fit the power steering because a bracket had to be made up and he didnt have a welder.
Regardless, Saturday morning at 3:40 AM VRRRROOOMMMM the car fires up!
We had to source a new block, get it bored and rebuilt, order in new rings and bearings.. Find another head which are rare here. So we ended getting one off somebodys car that worked fine and ordered another one for him since we couldent get one in short notice. Engine entirely rebuilt in 3 days and most of that time was getting parts for it.

Heres a couple of more pics.

Done and done.. It has to be some kind of record. :P
Boris

Post by Boris »

was he in Targa in previous years? I think I saw that car on TV and the Dad having an interview. Maybe it was another father/son couple with an integra.
1993 1.6L SOHC. Mazdaspeed mounts, BP09 ECU, BP VAF, Fidanza miata flywheel, exedy miata pressure plate, centerforce mx3 disc, tokico struts, B&G lowering springs, and some sh***y motomaster tires.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Franko wrote:He does do all his own work, The only thing is that he couldent fit the power steering because a bracket had to be made up and he didnt have a welder.
That's what I'm saying. Do ALL your own work. Avoiding buying a $300 welder cost alot more in repair costs down the road.
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

Yep, hes been in targa for the past 4 years. You probally did see him on there..
Boris

Post by Boris »

Yeah Targa is awesome....expensive, but awesome. Didn't his dad run that integra into a ditch 2 years ago in the Targa? that car must've been through a lot lol.
1993 1.6L SOHC. Mazdaspeed mounts, BP09 ECU, BP VAF, Fidanza miata flywheel, exedy miata pressure plate, centerforce mx3 disc, tokico struts, B&G lowering springs, and some sh***y motomaster tires.

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”