my car is going in for paint tomorrow.....

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
95 rs

my car is going in for paint tomorrow.....

Post by 95 rs »

ya so im getting it painted the original blaze red with an orange pearl... i donno how its gonna turn out but for $300 cdn im not gonna complain much. so ill have pics up as soon as i get it back ( probably next weekend)
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Wow where are you going to get a 300 dollar paintjob?
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

well i got alot of hail damage so half the car is getting painted for insurance and then i just have to pay the painter at work 300 to spray the rest of my car and buy the bodyman a 60oz bottle of gibsons finest. so well its a pretty good deal for say $550 cdn.
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I got my car painted for 300 us dollars :) check my cardomain page :) but then again i did most of the work... paint is only like 80 dllrs in materials. These body shops make thousands of dollars in profits. THOUSANDS.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

ya i seen your car and thats where i pretty much got the idea for the pearl. you have a sick ride mine. they are doing all the work to it so it would have been oretty pricey since there shop rate is about $75.00 cdn an hour.
DJ

Post by DJ »

Both me and my sister had our cars painted, and we have learnt that you get what you pay for (atleast in this area, I can't speak for every place). I spent thousands and she spent hundreds. Mine is very very clean, with only a few specs of dirt on the whole car, perfect all around. Hers has a decent amount of dust specs, and kinda patchy in places, and rust starting to bubble through a month later, even though they claimed to have put new metal in. Also the shine is much better on mine. I'm sure in a year or two you will notice even more of a difference when the cheap paint and finish fades and mine doesn't.

Hopefully the person you took it too has the same mentality as my guy, there is only one way to do things... the right way. If something isn't right, he fixes it. We had a bit of an issue with the way a couple things turned out and he repainted the whole car for free. My sister went back to her people to have them fix her trunk lid that is kinda uneven in paint and they wont do anything, they say it's good enough.
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

ya im getting it done at work and its probably one of the best painters and bodymen in town that is working on my car. the whole insurance claim is worth $2500 so im just paying so little since i get a deal on shop rates and all.
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Post by GregoryChristian »

any update... How did it turn out ?
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

well all the body work (hail damage) is pretty much done now and tomorrow it is going to get prepped. i should have it back by wednesday or thursday of next week since it is really busy at the shop since they6 are short staffed. ill get a car domain thing happening and ill post the pics up there when it is completed. if anyonne wants to see what the car looked like before feel free to email me at joe_dirte50@hotmail.com.
96mx-3

Post by 96mx-3 »

post pictures when its completed..
debating weather or nto to go red
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

will do...... they painted the mudflaps and the mirrors and spoiler today and well it looks sick..... the car will be done monday since they have an old 72 ford ltd to paint tomorrow cuz its an old cranky guy and hes complaining. so ya the stuff that is painted now is looking amazing.... it shall look good..
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

the car is done and ill have pics as soon as its sunny outside
illapino

Post by illapino »

*taps foot* ... waiiiiiting ... i have to see this 300 dollar CDN paintjob
1992 Mazda Precidia
V6 K8 Engine
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

ok ill get it soon....... ive just been busy latelty since i just bought a house and trying to get stuff in order......... my car got hit on wednesday by some idiot who somehow drove into my rear quarter panel....... im getting it fixxed as soon as i buy a guy at work a 66oz of rye..... so ill probably gey dome pics of the good side of the car tomorrow.... sorry for the delay...
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

DJ wrote:Both me and my sister had our cars painted, and we have learnt that you get what you pay for (atleast in this area, I can't speak for every place). I spent thousands and she spent hundreds. Mine is very very clean, with only a few specs of dirt on the whole car, perfect all around. Hers has a decent amount of dust specs, and kinda patchy in places, and rust starting to bubble through a month later, even though they claimed to have put new metal in. Also the shine is much better on mine. I'm sure in a year or two you will notice even more of a difference when the cheap paint and finish fades and mine doesn't.

Hopefully the person you took it too has the same mentality as my guy, there is only one way to do things... the right way. If something isn't right, he fixes it. We had a bit of an issue with the way a couple things turned out and he repainted the whole car for free. My sister went back to her people to have them fix her trunk lid that is kinda uneven in paint and they wont do anything, they say it's good enough.
exactly, $300 paint job wont last as long as 1200 dollar job period.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Return to “Appearance”