Help with paint color ideas.

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
93MX3SpecialEdition

Post by 93MX3SpecialEdition »

That pic is about a year old now. I just put Eibachs in and am prob gonna through on the J-Spc front. Then it will be much better!!
mrmike420
Supporting Member

Post by mrmike420 »

I'm gonna have the shop paint the whole car to match my carbon fiber hood and tail-lights, slap on some gun metal rims, powder coat my calipers red, so you can see those puppy's when my rim's be spinnin', and get my windows tinted metallic... should look pretty slick and sick..... (nobody better copy my style LOL!!)
~FUeGo~
92 MX-3 GS, 5spd, Black Metallic, Tokico ZX2 Struts, Eibach Springs, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's, K&N A/F, Suzuka S/S Brake Lines, KGS Dual Tip Muffler, Dynamat Extreme Trunk Kit
mx3grlsikride

Post by mx3grlsikride »

My car is painted with Winning Blue with Pink and slight blue Pearl. This is the color, only in the sun or light can you see the pink pearl which gives it a slight purplish color.
WhEn WiLl MY BaBY Be CoMplETe??? ...NeVeR.... HAHAHAH!!! Always finding better upgrades!!!!
http://members.cardomain.com/mx3grlsikride

mrmike420
Supporting Member

Post by mrmike420 »

I like, nice touch with the blue calipers... :lol:
~FUeGo~
92 MX-3 GS, 5spd, Black Metallic, Tokico ZX2 Struts, Eibach Springs, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's, K&N A/F, Suzuka S/S Brake Lines, KGS Dual Tip Muffler, Dynamat Extreme Trunk Kit
mx3grlsikride

Post by mx3grlsikride »

WhEn WiLl MY BaBY Be CoMplETe??? ...NeVeR.... HAHAHAH!!! Always finding better upgrades!!!!
http://members.cardomain.com/mx3grlsikride

MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

Kandy isnt necesarily harder to paint , House of Kolors and a few other brands of paints make Base/clear Translucent colors which gives the same effect as the Kandy colors for alot less money ..
93 Kandy Tangerine Mx3 GS-DE
05 Saab 9-2x (Wrx power plant)
02 Subaru Impreza OBS
05 Subaru forester Xt - sti mods
04 dodge ram - toy hauler -FOR SALE
& Lots of Toys to haul :D
MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

Kandy isnt necesarily harder to paint , House of Kolors and a few other brands of paints make Base/clear Translucent colors which gives the same effect as the Kandy colors for alot less money ..
93 Kandy Tangerine Mx3 GS-DE
05 Saab 9-2x (Wrx power plant)
02 Subaru Impreza OBS
05 Subaru forester Xt - sti mods
04 dodge ram - toy hauler -FOR SALE
& Lots of Toys to haul :D
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

MazdaManiacMx3 wrote:Kandy isnt necesarily harder to paint , House of Kolors and a few other brands of paints make Base/clear Translucent colors which gives the same effect as the Kandy colors for alot less money ..
Yes, Kandy is harder. If you don't consistantly use the same spray pattern across the entire car, the shimmer of the candy will be off from one panel to another. Same amount of time, but ALOT more technique involved. I was going to do HOK Oriental Blue Kandy, but changed my mind when I saw on all the paint forums that experienced body guys were having trouble getting the right effects with HOK Kandy.
illapino

Post by illapino »

wierd. i've gone to a few autobody shops in my city lately and whenever i talk about painting my mx-3 the color of an rx-8 (eg. velocity red mica), they say that all i need is the color code and they mix it themselves. is this true? do they all just mix it themselves after being given one single two-letter code? i thought the paint would be purchased from mazda directly or something . . . not mixed in house. isn't that risky? they could miss the color and give me the lame blaze red all over again?
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

illapino wrote:wierd. i've gone to a few autobody shops in my city lately and whenever i talk about painting my mx-3 the color of an rx-8 (eg. velocity red mica), they say that all i need is the color code and they mix it themselves. is this true? do they all just mix it themselves after being given one single two-letter code? i thought the paint would be purchased from mazda directly or something . . . not mixed in house. isn't that risky? they could miss the color and give me the lame blaze red all over again?
LOL. No. Mazda doesn't make thier own paint. They sell touch up paint, but that's it. :sadwavey:
illapino

Post by illapino »

So that's what autobody shops do then?
they mix the paint themselves with only TWO LETTERS as their template?
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

illapino wrote:So that's what autobody shops do then?
they mix the paint themselves with only TWO LETTERS as their template?
Most have an autobody supply store mix it and deliver it. Only really ambitious repair shops have thier own mix machine.

I believe Mazda has a letter followed by two numbers for thier paint codes. That's it.
illapino

Post by illapino »

Even better:

Flamenco Red Metallic
off a 2006 Bimmer X3

this is what i'm going with
i give myself a thumbs up for the find
:D

Return to “Appearance”