CEL Error Codes 5, 8, 15 on KLZE

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
93MX3SpecialEdition

CEL Error Codes 5, 8, 15 on KLZE

Post by 93MX3SpecialEdition »

Just looking as to what might be the problem. It will run, but the idle goes up and down.

I have te VAF connection hooked up so could the VAF sensor be toast? Also Iam iffy about a few vacuum lines which may be part ofthe prob. Can mmixed up vacuum lines screw up idle?

Anyhelp would be appreciated!!
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

hook k8 ecu to it and opull codes.. expect to get egr but that will give u an idea.. i cant never seem to get ther right codes with the kf ecu..
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
93MX3SpecialEdition

I am running the K8 ECU. And I keep getting those codes.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

05 Knock sensor

08 Volume Air Flow sensor (VAF)

15 LHO2S inactivation error

Knock sensor new was 100 dllrs...
i dont remmber but the klze uses a diff vaf??

O2 sensor. could be unplugged or just dead.

As for the idle.. reset the tps and throttle ..

reset the idle.. all can be found by using search.

http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=34787
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
93MX3SpecialEdition

I am still having problems and can't get it to run right.

I am thinking it has to do with the vacuum lines. The ones I am iffy about are the couple solenoids underneath and somewhat behind the throttlebody, the fuel rail connection, another vacuum port close to the fuel rail and a couple into the throttle body itself I think.

If anyone has decent layout of the vacuum system, I would greatly appreciate the use of it. Or if anyone know what goes to what, that would also help

Thanks alot!!
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

It would be best to get the proper ECU to start with.
Which VAF are you running? It should be still the JE50 from the K8.
Vaccum port/spiggot near the fuel rail be disty side would be the used for the FPR Solenoid.
The solenoids that I believe you are referring to are the EGR Vent and EGR Vaccum solenoids located on the rear to underside of the KL47 IM (J-Spec Millennia) and below the TB.
Erratic idle may be a combination of things. Correct to assume possible vaccum leak and there are already numerous posts with detailed layouts of vaccum configurations - use the search function a little more, you will find it - it's there.
Also look to the online shop manual, cause the layouts are also there.
Start with a detailed inspection of the ribbed intake tubing between the TB and the IM since you made no mention of not using the stock unit. There cannot be any cracks or splits or leaks whatsoever. After confirming the intake tubing, go to a TPS adjustment. Full procedure was done by me and is in the FAQ's.
Post back after you've completed all of the above.

John
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”