rebuild kits on ebay

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
facko

rebuild kits on ebay

Post by facko »

i have a vj11 that the seals blew out in and i was wondering if anyone has bought one of those rebuild kits off ebay for it. they have a couple different ones and i was just curious if they were worth it or would i be wasting my time. im plannin on rebuilding it and probably selling because ive already got another one going onto my car
BP swap -- Pacesetter Header -- Custom CAI -- Custom 2.5 Exhaust w/ a Thrush Glasspack and 40 Series Flowmaster -- SPEC Stage 2 Clutch Kit
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

if you have another don't even worry about it. If you have to rebuild a turbo just send it into a shop to get it rebuilt.
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

i agree with bugs, send it to a shop if you need a rebuild. they will clean it all up for you and rebalance it too.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

The rebalance part is the most important.. When you take it apart youll probally throw it off.. and you dont want that to happen when its spinning at 100,000 rpm
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
facko

Post by facko »

thx alot guys, i knew id have to have it rebalanced but i wasnt sure if it was worth rebuilding it myself then just getting that taken care of in a shop. i dont really need it rebuilt i was just going to do it so i had another incase something happened..or just to sell it either way.
BP swap -- Pacesetter Header -- Custom CAI -- Custom 2.5 Exhaust w/ a Thrush Glasspack and 40 Series Flowmaster -- SPEC Stage 2 Clutch Kit
Cy

Post by Cy »

what numbers are you running with your DOHC Turbo setup?
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

yea i wouldn't get it rebuilt unless you need it. the seals could dry up inside of it if it is just sitting around for a long time. then you would have to rebuild it again.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
facko

Post by facko »

im not sure we dont have a dyno anywhere in town, the only place that had one went out of buisness. i think there might be one like an hour away or so tho ill have to check into it. i kno that the turbo took the car from just barely beating an 89 integra to beating mustang gt's without any troubles lol my valves need to be reseated now tho :(

Return to “Forced Induction”