H&R VS EIBACH

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Yeah i've got ZX2 + Eibach. I chose those because

- they're as bit softer, and the roads are crap...
- i didnt' wnat to lower it to much because of the roads
- they are made for the zx2 struts
- they were recommended by some people i know..

H&R's will give you better performance from the soul purpose that they are stiffer, but your everyday ride will be worse quality.

for me, i wanted better performance when i needed it, but i dont' race my car frequently, to Eibach did the trick. It has a smooth ride, and tight handling when i need it.

Good luck, either one is a good choice.

NOTE: i have heard of some kind of clunking issues with H&R
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

I have tokico blues + H&R's and they work great for everything. On the highway its a smooth ride and for auto x racing its nice and stiff not mush body roll.
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

I got my front H&R on last night. I don't know what all the hub-bub is about harshness. The roads suck here, and I'd say it's no harsher than the stock springs. Maybe it's because I'm using them with Gabriel struts, which aren't much harder than Monroe struts. But they seem fine so far. The drop is alot more than I thought it would, though. It seems crazy low, but since I've got a stock front skirt, I do ok on the speedbumps in my neighborhood.
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

Could you tell a difference in the way the car handled?
Looking for another Red GS.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

1992blazeredgs wrote:Could you tell a difference in the way the car handled?
I haven't really tossed her yet. Only had it in bumper-to-bumper and driving the wife so far. If I find an open lot, I'll try tossing it.

But the front is LOW now. I didn't think it'd be this low. I couldn't even get my jack under the front of the car yesterday moring. The car almost looks like a 60's muscle car with the a-- in the air, and the front down low. Gotta get the rears on for tomorrow's Probetalk meet in NW Indiana.
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

The H&Rs worked pretty well for me. They don't even give me a harsh ride like I thought I was going to get. I don't know about Eibach but like everyone else said, the H&Rs lower more.
Çlark
95 Mazda MX3 4 Banger
Currently: H&R Lowering springs, BPT from a GTR, 18.5x6x3.5 same side inlet and outlet intercooler, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
For BPT Frorums - http://www.aokforums.com/mazdaengines/
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Got the rears on today. They're not harsh at all. They soak up the first bit of a bump impact enough to dampen real harshness. No odd noises or anything either.

I was able to get the rears on without a spring compressor. Just pressed down on the springs by hand and that was enough to get the nut started. Might not work on a shorter strut like the Ford Racing.
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

lakersfan1 wrote:
Spinkx79 wrote:Im gonna be going the ZX2+Eibach route real soon....when you odrer your springs do you order the MX-3 springs or the ZX2 springs.

I would think is makes sense to get the ZX2 spring made for the ZX2 strut no?
No. Especially if you've got the V6 then the spring rates will be completely off.
No the ZX2 and MX3 are almost the exact same weight.

I have the ZX2 Eibachs and I love'em, The ride is a bit firmer then stock, and it lowered it the perfect amount IMO any lower and it would bottom out even more.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Rick Johnson wrote:
lakersfan1 wrote:
Spinkx79 wrote:Im gonna be going the ZX2+Eibach route real soon....when you odrer your springs do you order the MX-3 springs or the ZX2 springs.

I would think is makes sense to get the ZX2 spring made for the ZX2 strut no?
No. Especially if you've got the V6 then the spring rates will be completely off.
No the ZX2 and MX3 are almost the exact same weight.
Yes. But the weight is not distributed the same in each car. I wouldn't take my chances on any but MX3 sperings specifically desgnated for the V6 model.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”