NEED ADVISE--->kinda pissed

Off-Topic Discussions
93-Spec-Edn

NEED ADVISE--->kinda pissed

Post by 93-Spec-Edn »

Hello

I took my special edition mx-3 rim to walmart to get a tire mounted and when i got it back the inside of teh rim (not the part that shows) had several deep long scratches on it with some of the scratches being so deep the metal was sharp to the touch. I also noiced that where one of teh wheel weights was removed the lip was slightly damaged. Now I know my car is a 1993, but its in mint shape, ie. no rust or scratches, shiny paint and the rims are original and flawless as the previous owner never winter drove it so i am upset about this. I spoke with the tech that did the work and he admitted that the machine slipped on the rim and caused the damage. Another tech also wrote on the work order that this hapened during their work on teh rim at my request so I covered my a--. I asked the tech to show me the wheel was balanced and not bent from this ordeal and when he threw it on the balancer it was off by 0.25 on the scratched up side. I drove the car at 190km/h for a bit and its smooth, ie. no shaking. Anyway do I have a right to be upset or am i over reacting? Also should I claim some compensation for their mishap? The last I checked these SE rims were $1000 a piece at mazda.
Thanks
92 mx-3 RS RIP | 95 mx-3 GS sold | 93 mx-3 GS SE sold | 95 mx-3 GS present
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

Thoes groves are caused by there tire machine, it has clamps that expand out and grab the inside of the rim.

I have never seen them leaving groves before as they are usually fairly smooth.

The reason why it wont shake when you go fast is because they ballanced the wheel AFTER they put the tire on.

I wouldent be too worried about this, but if its a cosmetic issue to you then go take it up with them.

Bochek
bulaian

Post by bulaian »

you're in calgary right? I would take it to the alberta wheel repair place up by mcknight behind that partsource and get walmart to reimburse you on this one
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

I wouldn't let Wal-mart change my wiper blades, let alone oil. You could probably get them to cover the cost of the repair <they're always shelling out for there screwups> But it's a scratch on an old rim, and I don't think it's worth your time honestly. Sure the rims cost $1000 each a the dealership so what, a cavy z24 rim is like $700, are either worth that? of course not.

Return to “Off-Topic”