tranny swap question

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
projectmx316

tranny swap question

Post by projectmx316 »

hey all i needed to know if this is all i need for a swap if im correct and i have a 94 dohc

tranny
clutch
clutch pedal
brake pedal
master cylender
all hydro lines
flywheel
shift linkage
axles
guage cluster
speedo cable
if i have left anything out please let me know cause my atx is going and i want to do this soon. and what car does anyone recomend to get the tranny from
ProspectMx3

Post by ProspectMx3 »

You have all the parts listed you will need. You may need the drivers side transmission mount. I know you do on the V6's not sure about the 4cyl

You shoulden't need the cluster, just take the hold light bulb out. On both the cars I converted to 5-speed I diden't need the Brake resevior either. But I have heard that some cars don't have the port on the resevior for the line.
Stock Sucks
Race Cars!!!
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

You will also need the slave cylinder and the starter. Might want to get the bolts that hold the flywheel onto the crank as well.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
projectmx316

Post by projectmx316 »

ok thanks i herd i might need the cluster cause of the speedo cable. but i will listen to the experts on this one cause i have never done a tranny swap before. And does it help the car go faster or is it about the same?
ProspectMx3

Post by ProspectMx3 »

sorry, I forgot that the 4cyl use a cable for the speedo, so you might better check with someone who has done the swap on a 4cyl.

It will feel like a different kind of car, well it did with my V6 anyways. Not like it has more power but you can select gear and its not slow shifting like a Auto.
Stock Sucks
Race Cars!!!

Return to “Transmissions”