Bulb question for those of us with civic projectors

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
justin h

Bulb question for those of us with civic projectors

Post by justin h »

Has anyone with the civic porjectors swapped out bulbs to make them less yellow? I want to put different bulbs in to make them whiter or bluer (sp?). The bulbs the come with are kind of weak and their wiring and grounding is a little different from oem car headlights.
I think they would need to be small enough to squeeze in, and not be painted on the tip (since the projector casing directs the light).
Any thoughts, comments, and/or experiences?
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Post by GregoryChristian »

the bulbs are H1 and I switched mine out for a Hyper White style bulb with no problems :)
justin h

Post by justin h »

Awesome. I didn't know which style would work. Did you have to change up the wiring at all, or do the H1's wire up the same way?
tallymx3

Post by tallymx3 »

The H1 replacement bulbs will just plug right up
1992 WHITE 1.6l SOHC saving for a BPT swap next year, New interior next month, and new Paint Hooray
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

thanks GC and tally.. and thanks for asking, justin. i was curious about this too

-Jim
justin h

Post by justin h »

Sounds like we're set. Hopefully this will help everyone in the future, too.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”